Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

ONCE U GO SPHYNX YOU won't GO BACK! Share your first SPHYNX EXPERIENCE!

dejavually

Lairian
Wow. What amazing stories. Spyhnx really are animals that can reach into your soul. My first sphynx experience was when I met Smaug. I worked at an animal shelter and one of the volunteers wanted to put the word out that her friend needed to rehome her sphynx but didn't want to bring him to the shelter. I said that I would be interested in meeting him. I had seen them before with Kat VonD and thought they were cool looking. When I went to meet Smaug honestly it wasn't a great experience. He didn't connect with us at all. He was jumping on the table eating food off plates and hiding. It was a bit of a weird situation as he was accidentally bred and the only hairless kitty in the litter. They weren't really sure how he was hairless. But, he was given to this woman who was a bartender from a regular. She never bathed him, fed him meow mix and table scraps and never cleaned his ears. From my little bit of research I knew that wasn't right I figured that he was nice enough kitty and brought him home. I cleaned him up and did more breed specific care with him. He totally took my heart. When he came home he warmed right up. He was totally a Mommy and Daddy boy. He was my soul mate. When he passed away I couldn't even function. We met a sphynx breeder planning on getting on a list to reserve a kitten and then we met Brienne instead. My life is changed by these babies. I love them beyond reason and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Aw sorry may he Rest In Peace I know the feeling it's deviating I lost my baby last December and he was the first SPHYNX I had. My life has also changed being depressed and a little abandoned this breed has made me love again (if that doesn't sound to cray).

I also decided if life doesn't really give me any future connections to anyone or don't find a man haha I will breed when I'm a little older just something small not for money later in life. I turn thirty this month so probably sooner then later. How many SPHYNX babies do you now have? I had three total including my little man who passed in December I have two now. My new baby has the same mother as my baby who passed and I just flew to New York in April to adopt him. I would like to have three total the bond they have with another Sphynx is admirable and personally the best way to have a SPHYNX I will always at least have two at a time. I suggest that to everyone if they can afford it that's the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aw sorry may he Rest In Peace I know the feeling it's deviating I lost my baby last December and he was the first SPHYNX I had. My life has also changed being depressed and a little abandoned this breed has made me love again (if that doesn't sound to cray).

I also decided if life doesn't really give me any future connections to anyone or don't find a man haha I will breed when I'm a little older just something small not for money later in life. I turn thirty this month so probably sooner then later. How many SPHYNX babies do you now have? I had three total including my little man who passed in December I have two now. My new baby has the same mother as my baby who passed and I just flew to New York in April to adopt him. I would like to have three total the bond they have with another Sphynx is admirable and personally the best way to have a SPHYNX I will always at least have two at a time. I suggest that to everyone if they can afford it that's the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right down I have 3. Brienne, Bernadette, and Bubbles. I also had Smaug and another sphynx named Batwing who has also passed away.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@nudieluvr I'm sorry for your loss. :( But glad you found Brienne & Co. And I totally understand what you mean with the breed making you love again. Not cray cray at all.

Izidora

Lairian
I loved them for a long time since their appearance was so special to me. I couldn't afford a sphynx because they were so super expensive and also no breeders in my country so I thought they will remain forever only a dream and a wish I could never fulfill...but in October 2015 I found a breeder through the ads and since I didn't have much money, I thought, what the hell, what does a pedigree and a registered breeder mean anyway...so I got my first sphynx from a byb and the cat was actually a mix of donskoy and canadian sphynx...later I found out that dons and canadians shouldn't really be mixed and I also learned how important is to buy a cat from a registered and certified breeder - we lost our boy in Nov 2016. I wrote about him in the "In loving memory of..." part of the forum. He had no symptoms of any kind and the cause of death was heart failure. I also own his brother from the same breeder, he scanned HCM clear this Feb. The parents cats from this byb are healthy, she was simply uneducated on the breed and also wanted to make some money. She says all other cats are fine, that mine was the only one to die and she is very sorry because of it. We cannot turn back the time. I do not blame her. I blame myself for I didn't wait and saved some money to buy a registered sphynx even though with HCM, you can never know and even hcm clear cats can get a disease later in life. Her cats are neutered now and luckily there are no more litters. I only hope that people who bought from her will neuter their cats too.

Back