Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

One last sleep before GOTCHA CHAOS!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Traci Smith , Sooo exciting ! Look at the purrfect set up!

Happy Gotcha "Eve "

Can't wait for gotcha pics and tales!

I know your heart is going pitter patter!
Safe miles and Sphynx smiles tomorrow!

Yup! Got all the cat trees in our master too!!! Lol he may limited on his access to get used to the house and is, but he has fun stuff to do!!! Ohhhhh man I’m a bit nervous! I have never had a curious cat! Lol I’ve been lucky with snugglers! Lol but can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So exciting! Hope you can sleep a little bit. That kittens is waiting a warm and loving welcome home. Such a beautiful room made up for him

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cute set up! Love the kitty bowls!! How exciting you finally get to bring your little monster home! Keep us posted.

Ps. We are now almost two weeks with Kenzo and he has chilled out significantly. He’s still a terror at times, but it’s controlled chaos now!

He is sleeping... poor dude is really out of sorts! He seems worried, his mom was a first time mom and she was very affectionate I’m sure he misses her and his 2 siblings. He is liking the vibe my son and hubs are sending out... the drive really was crazy with rush hour traffic (my husbands driving—- crazy!!!) and took about a hour and a half and I was just so excited and nervous to get him—- see him, and about 20 things the last few days! I am having a hard seltzer lol clearly I need to calm down! When he has dinner hopefully he will play a bit and be a bit more comfy. He was off the hook at my breeders house playing with wand toys so I know it is just the transition.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He will warm up soon enough! It's been a long and exciting day for the little dude. I'm sure he will be running the house in a day or so, literally and figuratively!

Such a cutie! Make sure to give him some L-lysine in his food to help prevent or ward off an URI from the stress/transition. We have been giving Kenzo his dose every morning since day 1, and he has been healthy as ever! Maybe we just got lucky, but I believe it helped! Great tip from experienced Lairians!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Traci Smith , goodmorning , checking in for updates :)
(And I have lots of strawberries ! Lol what is the delicious drink cocktail you made ?)

Head smooches Serb! Look forward to pics amd tales!

Ok soooooooooo, that was a little rough! Lol maybe more for “me” than Nile! It really was a new experience to have him cuddle my hubby and not want much to do with me made me a bit sad!
I was up at about 1,2 and 4:30am and up since 5 lol. That’s not my wake up time BTW lol!
My hubs gets up to go on shift at 5 and when he put Nile on me to go take a shower —-Nile went crazy! Crying with intent and fierce for my hubs... I tried to calm him several times and invite him under the covers and give him snuggles and reassure him that everything was OK but he was dead set on finding my husband. He was pacing the floor and going next to the bathroom door finally I said “honey your cat wants in” lol but he also wasn’t happy in there!!! Once he got in the bathroom with Garratt then he was just meowing around getting all crazy. I think you might’ve been a little cold we have the air conditioning at about 78 in the house but it blows pretty good on our bed. I tried to make him a little sock outfit to wear (at 5am) but I got the “fainting goat” act so I think I have to find a much lighter sock that he doesn’t feel as much lol!
Finally after my husband was gone for about 45 minutes and he figured “heck I’ve got nobody else to snuggle with” and he finally gave in and came next to me. He kind of just had his nose on me for the first little bit and then kind of moved slower and slower closer and closer. Once about 7 o’clock rolled around and the kids were up I had gotten some great snuggle time in ———-then the kids came in and broke that up when they wanted to get a piece of snuggle time! Ughhhhhhh breaks my heart he doesn’t quite see me as a lover yet. I think maybe the fact that I held him in the car ride when he was scared to death probably associated me with that ....it’s just gonna take us a little extra time.

He hasn’t really eaten or drank much hopefully today he will be so hungry that he’ll dive into something. I’m using the exact same food that the breeder had same litter same everything we did have one small potty though. But all in all he’s just been kind of shy and scared which if you’ve seen the videos is totally untypical so I know this is just a little warming up phase but I sure wish for my sake he felt more comfortable.... I get so worried!
He is very vocal —— looking and seeking.
We are totally in love! I just want to m is he has eaten and is relaxed... that’s our goal today! I’ll get pictures soon he is just getting up!
@yodamom —- it is a “Truly” Hard Seltzer! You can buy them in a can. (Beer section)
It is only 90 calories. I add a drop of stevia and a fresh berry! Mmmmmm yummy!

Not really doing that well today.... not hardly eating — have never seen him drink. He had played two times but otherwise asleep. I’m fearing the URI, .... just been hard to watch him sleep and wonder. The l-lysine is coming via amazon today... but if he isn’t eating I don’t think that’s gonna do much aghhhhhh new mommy’ing today is hard.

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aww bless congrats on getting ur baby, by the look of things he’s one spoiled kitty! Oh I hope he’s is feeling better! Xx

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi there. Congratulations! That is an amazing welcome home set up you had going on there.

I wouldn't worry too much about Nile Being a little solitary and distant at times. Adjustments take time. My Min Was a bit like that in the beginning and after a lot of patience and a lot of love, she is a complete love bug.

I'm sorry to hear that Nile may have a URI. How are things going now?