Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

One new baby and two new nudey babies?!?! Help!

RoseTron

Lairian
Hello all!!
My husband and I are so excited to finally be ready to bring some new naked kitty
love into our family. We lost our Frankie this past summer, and it has taken some time to heal, but we feel ready to bring some new kitty love into our hearts xoxo
We met with our breeder this week and fell in love with two little guys and wanted to take the week to make the right decision. We have always dreamed and imagined to have two little kitties in our family we also expecting our first human baby this spring!!
We are trying to decide what would be best for kitties and for us And new baby. Is two kitties to much when There is a new born coming into the pictures or my hubby and I? Would it be better for the kitties to have a buddy when the newborn comes in the spring? Or will just one be just as happy? we had one before and he was super affectionate and did not at all get lonely at all because we are very close with our pets, but we want to make sure we are making a good decisions before biting off too much to We can’t chew *if you what I mean*

Much love sphynx family !! xoxo

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I personally have staged some of ours 6 months to 2 years apart. Our one vet said there are cat cats and people cats...meaning people cats are those who seek humans more. Sometimes litter mates are truly bonded the strongest.

All of ours are people cats, meaning they seek human bonding. This breed does well with companions, but for me, I like to stage out veterinary costs a bit...spaying/neutering, vaccines, heart scans etc...easier on the pocketbook when there is an age difference. I also think about genetics and same litter possible issues, but I have been known to over think.

Many breeders will give a discount on additional babies even if not the same litter. Lots for you to consider and kudos to you seeking other’s thoughts.

I also recommend looking into insurance. We never did until our last 2 youngest boys. Even the best of breeders are not immune to heart issues these days unfortunately.

In the end trust your gut.

RoseTron

Lairian
I personally have staged some of ours 6 months to 2 years apart. Our one vet said there are cat cats and people cats...meaning people cats are those who seek humans more. Sometimes litter mates are truly bonded the strongest.

All of ours are people cats, meaning they seek human bonding. This breed does well with companions, but for me, I like to stage out veterinary costs a bit...spaying/neutering, vaccines, heart scans etc...easier on the pocketbook when there is an age difference. I also think about genetics and same litter possible issues, but I have been known to over think.

Many breeders will give a discount on additional babies even if not the same litter. Lots for you to consider and kudos to you seeking other’s thoughts.

I also recommend looking into insurance. We never did until our last 2 youngest boys. Even the best of breeders are not immune to heart issues these days unfortunately.

In the end trust your gut.

thank you so much for quick reply. These are definitely good points to be aware of. one of them is 10 months and the other is 5 months old. They have sort of made a little bond that warmed my heart when we met them. Another amazing thing about our breeder is that she is also our vet! She is a wonderful woman and the boys have already been neutered and are to dates with shots. We feel very blessed to have found her and appreciate her honestly and transparency wiTh is. :)

Back