Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

One sick family

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey hoping someone has some advice and lots of prayers to help my whole group out..:Sweat:Last week I started harley on Clavamox(hope that's spelled right) because he had the sniffes and was feeling bad. Thursday he was just laying around not doing hardly nothing and vomiting. I took him back to the vet. He was running fever and very conjested. The vet said she thought he had pneumonia. and gave him a shot and started him on Lincocin(hope that is spelled right) at which point I isolated him from the rest of the group. well he perked up a little but started snotting everywhere and by yesterday evening he was having trouble breathing, really pulling. and then Oba started sneezing and vomiting. So I took them both to the vet. Harley had lost 1 lb since the last vist. They did lab work on Harley and I am waiting on the result, gave him someting for fever, b12 and a diuretic. Oba they started on Batrril. Well I broght them home and isolated them both. Now the other 2 have started so it is off to the vet with them again in the morning. So worried don't know what could be wrong? They don't go anywhere nor or they around other animals, so I have no Idea where they could have caught anything. They are all eating and drinking, though harley is only eating about half of the normal amount. Does anybody have an idea of what to do to help them get better? Any help is greatly appreated.:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm really sad to here they are all having such a bad time. Hopefully things will improve soon and it is just something short lived. Hope they can sort things out for you at the vets. Thinking of you all. Mo and Sam

Brooke

Banned
I'm sorry to hear the whole gang is sick!! It's always a worry I have when one of my guys isn't well that it will spread to the rest of them... I agree with Mews2Much, Baytril is a great antibiotic, worked really quickly a few months ago when Helen was having some upper respiratory thing. Fingers crossed they are all better soon.

NeonLily

Lairian
I'm sorry your kitties are sick. My girl is having issues too. I know the feeling. It's so hard not knowing where the problem arose and then having to deal with the aftermath. Love from one sphynx to yours! Get well soon.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yea Harley is the only one who has been out of the house and that is when he went to the vet to get netured. I was so pissed when I picked him up. He was laying in his cage uncovered( I brought 2 blankets, sweater and his snuggie)laying on a soaking wet pad, covered in urine. needless to say that is the last time he has been back there and I switched vets. This new one seems very nice and is looking up stuff about them as we go. Her asst. even joined the lair and is looking to adopt an adult who needs rehoming. She is being so sweet and concerned. I leave in about an hour to take the next 3 to the vet today, since they started last night. At least all the prayers are helping. harley was eating better this morning. Thanks again everyone for all your concern. It means the world to me. God Bless yall.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What A jerk the first vet was! I would have ripped him A new you know what:Woo:
So glad you like the new one and welcome to the assistant! Wish you luck on finding A special sphynx of your own!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
glad to hear they are getting better.

did they all have the same type of illness? did they figure out what it was?

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The vet said it was pneumonia. She did lab work, but that won't be in till tomorrow. They all go back in the morning for a follow up. Harley is doing alot better and starting to eat again. He is even playing with the others. He is still congested but not as bad. i am hoping she will leave him on ABT for another week. Oba is bouncing around like a wild cat. Cleo is doing great. Nuba is still sneezing some, but otherwise fine. Sambo is congested still too, but hopefully all will be fine. Thanks again for all you thoughts and prayers it means alot to us all.

zoes mom

Lairian
Im so sorry to hear all of this is going on:( I wish your babes all a speedy recovery!! Maybe they are on it already but I'm told L-Lyseine helps speed recovery/healing. Best wishes sent your way!:Cry:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks..They are doing much better and starting to play again..aside from the constant bleaching of everything in my home due to Snot:Badly:being blew all over it...this is a very great thing..I will live now tha they are doing better though..Im praying that I dont have to see the vet for a very long time to come. All the lab work on Harley and Oba came back clear, it is just a funky viruse nothing to bad, thank God..Thanks again everyone for all your prayers and thoughts it ment alot..

Back