Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ongoing issues

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Happy to hear you made connections with others and are better able to piece things together for her. 6 weeks until the baby comes...wow! You’re almost to the home stretch. Thanks for updating us...great pic!

StacyD

Lairian
Wow...what a journey you've been on. Makes me realize how lucky we were with our adoption. Keeping my fingers crossed that you've found the solution and are on the right path to good health!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cinafina hoe did the vet visit go?

Hugs and head smooches !
6 weeks to go! Woo Hoo! Positive vibes sent (((hugs)))

ChelseaKaupp

Lairian
Umami received a 10 day course of doxycycline which concluded 2 weeks ago. It was a tough antibiotic to give her - her appetite was poor and she was quite lethargic. Her eyes did improve noticeably and now they look ok but still cause her irritation as she occasionally scratches at them.

Her appetite hasn't yet returned to normal yet. Some days she barely eats and others she eats quite a lot. Her activity levels have been relatively normal however.

She still has cough attacks however. She's had 4 in the past 3 weeks which hasn't been enough for the vet to conduct xrays, but today's attack was different. Lasted longer and was a much different noise to the other attacks. Trying to upload a video now in case anyone has any experience with this.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ChelseaKaupp Head smooches sent
She certainly has the best of love amd care

Are you able to share video with vet ?
My kitty never did it when I took to vet so the video helped
She lets me send pics and vids to the vet office email if this is an option for you ?

For my boys eye he got doxy then healed up completely with famciclivor and idoxurine

My other nakid has seasonal allergies and vet had me give him Chlortab amd the right dosage based on his weight
Just throwing these out there because I kmow you have been them so much with your sweetie
And during vet visits something to ask about if it would help

Hugs to you ! Due date?

ChelseaKaupp

Lairian
Thank you! Will make note of all that so I can bring it up with the vet. That's very helpful!
I emailed her earlier today, but unfortunately seems like she's on holiday until the 25th. Of course, if she gets worse before then, I can get my husband to take her to the covering vet. Would feel much better with a lung xray anyway, and would go a long way in soothing my pregnancy induced paranoia. Unfortunately we learnt today that one of Umami's brothers was euthanised yesterday due to illness from the terrible breeder. The numbers of sick animals from that breeder keep increasing and all from the same illness.

3 weeks away from my due date, but all signs are pointing to an early labour. Of course it's hard to predict however, and maybe she will get comfy in there! :0:love:

@ChelseaKaupp Head smooches sent
She certainly has the best of love amd care

Are you able to share video with vet ?
My kitty never did it when I took to vet so the video helped
She lets me send pics and vids to the vet office email if this is an option for you ?

For my boys eye he got doxy then healed up completely with famciclivor and idoxurine

My other nakid has seasonal allergies and vet had me give him Chlortab amd the right dosage based on his weight
Just throwing these out there because I kmow you have been them so much with your sweetie
And during vet visits something to ask about if it would help

Hugs to you ! Due date?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ChelseaKaupp Awhhh so so sorry to learn one of her brothers got his angel wings ((hugs)) to his mum /dad
I recall the early mention of sick kitties from the breeder :(

A lair full of positve vibes for Umami !
Sounds like you have a good plan in place
Hugs to you !
Please keep us updated often!
So excited for you!