Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Oops, I did it again...

oolahappi

Lairian
I'm getting my Sphynx girl a little boyfriend!
He's technically an ELF, but still naked, so hopefully he will be accepted by the Sphynx community!
Gotcha date not until mid-July, so plenty of time to think up a fitting name.
If anyone here has an ELF, say Hi!

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What a cutie! Congrats! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@oolahappi ah!,, so excited for you! He is a cutie!
All nakids are lair family !
Lol nakids are like potato chips :)

Look forward to updates!
Do you have a name list started?

oolahappi

Lairian
@oolahappi
Do you have a name list started?
Hmm, I'll have to interact with him before making a name list. He is too young right now so he's simply "Blueboy".
When I picked out my Sphynx I pre-named her Lola, but when I got her home, she was such a quirky little alien - the name didn't work. I shuffled the letters to come up with Oola (aka Oolie) which sounds more alien, I think.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@oolahappi hello any updateds, pics of your adorable baby blue boy elf?

Did you tell Oola ? I am sure she is very happy to be welcoming a baby brother !
Keep us updated on your gotcha day!

Hugs n head smooches

oolahappi

Lairian
@oolahappi hello any updateds, pics of your adorable baby blue boy elf?

Did you tell Oola ? I am sure she is very happy to be welcoming a baby brother !
Keep us updated on your gotcha day!

Hugs n head smooches
I'm playing Instagram videos with cats and kittens meowing to get her use to the idea!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@oolahappi awhhh ingenious!

Btw , I Hope you can share pics vids Of Oola here on the lair too for us non IG or FB users

oolahappi

Lairian
@oolahappi awhhh ingenious!

Is little blue boy local ? If so when he is old enough and breeder allows visits you can an if you can bring a blanket or hand towel to cross scent and bring home to Oola :)

Btw , I Hope you can share pics vids Of Oola here on the lair too for us non IG or FB users
Yes! Baby Blueboy is somewhat local. They are about a 40 minute drive outside of central Toronto, where we live. It's probably too early to drive all that way since I probably won't be able to interact much with him given his size and age. But, I do plan to visit once or twice before gotcha date to do some scent swapping and get a sense of his purrsonality!

I want to do as much ground work, pre gotcha, as possible to introduce sounds and smells. I tried to introduce a cat last summer but to say it did not go well would be an understatement. It was an adult fur cat that was very alpha and confident, which was a problem. We found her a good home, but both Oolie and I were left with battle scars. She's pictured here with a scratch across the nose. . .and I had to go on a course of antibiotics for infected bites :(

Attachments

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats {} Look forward to more pics and the excitement of gotcha day! When can you bring him home? And Oola is absolutely stunning {= I have no doubt introductions will go really well this time around!

oolahappi

Lairian
@Cinafina thanks:giggle:
I have to wait until mid-July, he's just 3 weeks old. Until then it's just me and Oola.
How did your intros go? So far my girl has only been use to living with dogs.

oolahappi

Lairian
New photos! 3-4 weeks old. So new (and precious) he's getting the white glove treatment. I asked the breeder to send a couple pics every weekend (not too much to ask considering they grow so fast) and it's like pulling teeth :rolleyes:

Attachments