Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Opal Jeans Traveling Adventures

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Opal was having such a good time outside today. She didn't want to go back to the truck. She was jumping around and playing with the flowers and chasing bugs. Until she got stung by a bee. My poor baby. She was fine but I was freaking out calling my vet and everything. Her toe is purple and a little swollen but other than that she's fine. I got her some children Benadryl and made sure the stinger was out. But she went right back to swatting at bugs. I was so scared. But we are all good now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh no. I’m sorry she got stung. Poor baby!

Love the pictures!

Congratulations on your bid being accepted on the property. Very exciting!

gojira14

Lairian
Opal was having such a good time outside today. She didn't want to go back to the truck. She was jumping around and playing with the flowers and chasing bugs. Until she got stung by a bee. My poor baby. She was fine but I was freaking out calling my vet and everything. Her toe is purple and a little swollen but other than that she's fine. I got her some children Benadryl and made sure the stinger was out. But she went right back to swatting at bugs. I was so scared. But we are all good now.

I hope Miss Opal is ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh poor Opal. Or better said poor you cause you were more stressed tgen Opal. My boy got stung several times and still chase them. Sigh.
At least now you know she's not allergic to it .
That's true. I have a feeling she'll get stung again. But I won't freak out as much lol

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh no. I’m sorry she got stung. Poor baby!

Love the pictures!

Congratulations on your bid being accepted on the property. Very exciting!
Thank you!

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aww opal is living the life on her adventures! Bless her little toe, thank god she is ok! Making memories..! {={=

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just got caught up on all of your adventures. Wonderful photographs. Love the booties.

Sorry to hear about the bee sting. I would definitely recommend keeping diphenhydramine on hand in your truck. Even though she did not react too badly this time, it may be worse next time. Not always, but I have heard that happening. My Max is very allergic to bees and wasps. I always keep some diphenhydramine in our kit wherever we go with him.

Again, love seeing Opal just taking charge and going all over the place. That is so awesome.

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sierra Blanca Texas! I was LOVING it. Even argued with mom about going back to the truck.

I've grown out of my harness. It still closes when I'm naked but not with my shirt. We are going home soon and I'll be getting a new one.

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just got caught up on all of your adventures. Wonderful photographs. Love the booties.

Sorry to hear about the bee sting. I would definitely recommend keeping diphenhydramine on hand in your truck. Even though she did not react too badly this time, it may be worse next time. Not always, but I have heard that happening. My Max is very allergic to bees and wasps. I always keep some diphenhydramine in our kit wherever we go with him.

Again, love seeing Opal just taking charge and going all over the place. That is so awesome.
Thank you for that advice! I'll definitely be getting some when we go home!

Edit: just googled it and that's the fancy word for Benadryl. Lol I'll be keeping it on the truck though I need to get a syringe.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Getting so big! A new harness will be fun. I like to get different colors and mix it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love the Lion King roar. Opal seems like she’s quite vocal on her walks. :)

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love the Lion King roar. Opal seems like she’s quite vocal on her walks. :)
She is! Usually it's because she wants back in the truck. But now it's because she doesn't want to go back yet lol

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Getting so big! A new harness will be fun. I like to get different colors and mix it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's a good idea! I wanna get one that isn't so thick so it'll fit under her clothes comfortably but also while she's naked

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Sheofthrone3 hello
Checking in on you yours and Opal Hope all is well
Yes we are good! Opal has completely out grown her harness and I can't fit my truck in anyplace to get a new one. So I'm guessing I need to wait until we get home in 2 weeks. I tried Tractor Supply Co today but they didn't have one small enough. So no outside adventures for a bit unfortunately. And we are on the south west so it's nice and warm so she's not too happy about it.

Hope all is well with you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Awhh great pics!

Many the like the voyager brand harness

Safe miles n sphynx smiles!