Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Open Heart Surgery

Rachael McLain

Lairian
Yesterday Luna was a little too rough with her favorite toy, Sausage Dog. I came home to a crime scene! Thankfully, squeekies were still intact.
Today I preformed open heart surgery on Sausage Dog, Luna was very anxious to see how her beloved friend was doing.
Here's a picture from post-op. We'll keep you updated with Sausage Dog's condition !
764e5f5f46136eae8d858ec39058efb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Omg my heart sank reading the title of your thread. So happy it was not what I thought lol. Happy healing sausage dog.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is so funny. One of my sphynx had a favorite toy that I sewed back together MANY times. After a bit I made some clones so he would have it even when one had been the victim of type slaughter.
You did a good surgeon job.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
How is sausage dog doing? :)
Happy to here you stayed cool and knew what had to be done to save his life. Luna better be good to sausage dog at least today. Tomorrow she can rip him apart again. Mommy needs a day off now:)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL. OMG. You are a miracle worker. Sending healing vibes for sausage dog.

Think you can do something with this?:

14565129_203905320030496_7259580631116414976_n.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Rachael McLain -- It's Mr. Rat #1 (Mr. Rat #2 is mostly in tact). I had such high hopes! Hey, maybe you can Frankenstein him... take the feet from another mutilated stuffie and sew them onto Mr. Rat #1!!

Did you want to see Mr. Whale? Mr. Whale only has half a stumpy tail. It's really tragic. Perhaps if I collect enough amputees I can send them your way and you can cobble together one functioning stuffie!

Rachael McLain

Lairian
@Rachael McLain -- It's Mr. Rat #1 (Mr. Rat #2 is mostly in tact). I had such high hopes! Hey, maybe you can Frankenstein him... take the feet from another mutilated stuffie and sew them onto Mr. Rat #1!!

Did you want to see Mr. Whale? Mr. Whale only has half a stumpy tail. It's really tragic. Perhaps if I collect enough amputees I can send them your way and you can cobble together one functioning stuffie!

Oh I bet we could Frankenstein something together! the best part about all this is I picked up Sausage Dog and 4 other stuffed animals from a garage sale for only $5! Luna was in heaven when I brought them home. My previous border collie would immediately tear up and stuffed toys-we always had to buy him the very strong rubber ones. Luna on the other hand, loves them.

How worse for wear is Mr. Whale:LOL:
Lets see if he is beyond repair or if we could Frankenstein Mr. Whale and Mr. Rat to create a super stuffed toy for Max!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Rachael McLain -- Wow, you scored a deal. By the way, how is Sausage Dog? Is he all ready for playing?

Here are the recent victims of Min's oral fixations (Max is pretty good with toys now):

deathbymin.png

Help me Rachael McLain, you are my only hope!

Rachael McLain

Lairian
@Rachael McLain -- Wow, you scored a deal. By the way, how is Sausage Dog? Is he all ready for playing?

Here are the recent victims of Min's oral fixations (Max is pretty good with toys now):

View attachment 72178

Help me Rachael McLain, you are my only hope!

Oh most of these are salvageable ! The only one I'd have to look at more is Mr. Fish. I can't say they'd be pretty but I'm confident I'd be able to close em up!

And I know ! I only bought a 5, there were more. Thinking back, I should have just bought the whole lot. Toys are so expensive! Whenever I'm by a dollar store I'll go see if there are any safe stuffed animals for her. I work at TJMaxx Homegoods and we have a fairly large dog and cat section in our store. I get a discount on top of the already decent prices so I've been slowly but surely building up some toys for Miss Luna.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh most of these are salvageable ! The only one I'd have to look at more is Mr. Fish. I can't say they'd be pretty but I'm confident I'd be able to close em up!

And I know ! I only bought a 5, there were more. Thinking back, I should have just bought the whole lot. Toys are so expensive! Whenever I'm by a dollar store I'll go see if there are any safe stuffed animals for her. I work at TJMaxx Homegoods and we have a fairly large dog and cat section in our store. I get a discount on top of the already decent prices so I've been slowly but surely building up some toys for Miss Luna.

Yes, Mr. Fish is ocular disadvantaged. Poor bloke.

LOL

If we lived in the same city I'd certainly hire you. I can't sew (buggered hands), so I just pull out the stuffing as it presents itself and make the toy last as long as I can. Mr. Fish is a play by supervision only toy otherwise he'd be gutted in no time.

That's fabulous that you work at TJMaxx... lucky you. They have some great cat stuff sometimes!

Let us know how Sausage Dog is faring.

Rachael McLain

Lairian
It seems as if Luna's friends believe in safety in numbers walked into a mass gathering. Maybe they're deliberating Luna's punishment for too hard of rough-housing.

Looks like my handiwork has held up thus far!

44eb6dde29b761b3b3ac71b010a94a16.jpg
f452a2e71fa62abe972ffc4ec2e952a3.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sausage Dog looks like he's in plushie orgy heaven. I can't believe I said that. But... um... yeah.

Theedaysleeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It seems as if Luna's friends believe in safety in numbers walked into a mass gathering. Maybe they're deliberating Luna's punishment for too hard of rough-housing.

Looks like my handiwork has held up thus far!

44eb6dde29b761b3b3ac71b010a94a16.jpg
f452a2e71fa62abe972ffc4ec2e952a3.jpg

2017 will be known as the Year of the Stuffie Revolt...