Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Orijen Dry Food

4Beans

Lairian
My boys have been on Royal Canin since they came home. I just made the switch to Orijen as I read that a higher protein grain free kibble was best.

Any input on Orijen? Have you used it? Pros/cons? Is grain free best? Other suggestions? I’m not interested in raw. We also do wet at dinner.

I’m in Canada.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I like orijin for treats. But it was too rich for my crew. It is a great food. You will have to let us know how the switch goes.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Orijen was too right for my crew too- loose stools

I switched to Acana grasslands. Unfortunately with the new USA made formulas they were grease balls within 3 days -my crew got extremely greasy skin fast even transferred to my sheets! stool was still loose even with Acana the same manufacturer as Orijen.

I switched to Nutrisource cat and kitten (grain inclusive no recalls ) in blue bag about a year ago .
No greasy skin ! Solid poos , they love it and I can have white sheets again! I can go a month between spa days with touch up in between.

I was feeding my dogs Acana grain free but vet last week suggested I take them off grain free
Because of the recent studies with possible heart issues with grain frees .
Now all my crew is on grain inclusive

4Beans

Lairian
Just to update - it’s been 10 days on Orijen and I think it’s too rich for my guys. Their tummies are upset, tons of mushy poop that’s everywhere. I think I may need to go back to Royal Canin. I was feeling so hopeful.

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have been using Rawz kibble with success. Orijin is a good food, but like others have said, it’s very rich.

Good luck, hope you find something that works.

Back