Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our amazing nakey kitty

April Bishop

Lairian
This is the first time in my life I have considered rehoming a pet. I LOVE my cat but there have been multiple things happening that make me feel like she deserves a better environment.

Between one of my dogs starting to snap and get aggressive with her and our youngest son not understanding how to treat her vs the dogs. I try over and over until I’m exhausted and just lose all patience with my son, it’s like he cannot fully understand or process you have to be WAY more gentle with her. He isn’t that young either, he just keeps trying to pick her up, and constantly in her face and the other day I caught him pulling her tail on the tile to pull her back to him (not crazy hard, and my cat didn’t seem to care that much cus she still didn’t leave after the fact) but I can’t help but feel like I’m failing. He isn’t like this with the dogs, I can’t understand.

She is just 3 years old and some change (birthday was may 5th) and we have almost had her 3 years (sept 2019)

I know I’m probably being super judged for this but I love her so much, and feel guilty knowing she can have a better home with sphynx brothers/sisters.

She is always on my lap, and truly she is my dream cat… I feel devastated that I’m even writing this.

Attachments

• 66D306E6-1EAB-4CF1-B3A0-87FC5D7C510E.jpeg
    66D306E6-1EAB-4CF1-B3A0-87FC5D7C510E.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DCCD87E6-5E9E-465E-8822-D27F69F7D96A.jpeg
    DCCD87E6-5E9E-465E-8822-D27F69F7D96A.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 116
  • D4ABBAE4-5589-4245-99A0-CA674BD66C59.jpeg
    D4ABBAE4-5589-4245-99A0-CA674BD66C59.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 22E0EED6-FD23-4837-920D-4299B9EDB892.jpeg
    22E0EED6-FD23-4837-920D-4299B9EDB892.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 111
  • A7AD93D1-783A-405E-82AC-897DAF4D1EA2.jpeg
    A7AD93D1-783A-405E-82AC-897DAF4D1EA2.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 106
  • B1EA355B-06F4-4F59-BAB3-822A356625F3.jpeg
    B1EA355B-06F4-4F59-BAB3-822A356625F3.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 102

Yoda mom

Staff member
@April Bishop , hugs for your heartfelt decision. no judgement here on sphyxlair to do right by her . she is beautiful. several of us have adopted from members.
members will surely chime in to interview for the purrfect forever home.

@April Bishop ,**** I sent you a pm. please edit your post and add a rehoming fee, no rehoming fee or up to a max of $250 per rules so admin can approve post . also great to include your location.
hugs n head smooches. if you need assistance editing your post, please let me know.

Last edited:

Imsublime2

Lairian
This is the first time in my life I have considered rehoming a pet. I LOVE my cat but there have been multiple things happening that make me feel like she deserves a better environment.

Between one of my dogs starting to snap and get aggressive with her and our youngest son not understanding how to treat her vs the dogs. I try over and over until I’m exhausted and just lose all patience with my son, it’s like he cannot fully understand or process you have to be WAY more gentle with her. He isn’t that young either, he just keeps trying to pick her up, and constantly in her face and the other day I caught him pulling her tail on the tile to pull her back to him (not crazy hard, and my cat didn’t seem to care that much cus she still didn’t leave after the fact) but I can’t help but feel like I’m failing. He isn’t like this with the dogs, I can’t understand.

She is just 3 years old and some change (birthday was may 5th) and we have almost had her 3 years (sept 2019)

I know I’m probably being super judged for this but I love her so much, and feel guilty knowing she can have a better home with sphynx brothers/sisters.

She is always on my lap, and truly she is my dream cat… I feel devastated that I’m even writing this.
Where are you located? And how might you think she will do with another kitty? It's just my partner and I.

Hi I am wondering where you are located? And how you think she might do with another cat who is sweet, playful but respectful. It is just myself and my partner in the home and no plans for kids, but we do have the 1 year old female kitty

Imsublime2

Lairian
Where are you located? And how might you think she will do with another kitty? It's just my partner and I.

Hi I am wondering where you are located? And how you think she might do with another cat who is sweet, playful but respectful. It is just myself and my partner in the home and no plans for kids, but we do have the 1 year old female kitty
If it helps to add I work at an emergency vet office and have worked in animal care field for about 15 years. I have never owned a sphynx but am very aware of they care they need and the medical problems they are prone to and have been wanting one for some time now.

Jforest333

Lairian

Where are you located ?? I’ve been looking for a Freind for my boy Jabari here in Massachusetts

Attachments

• 1E4E598D-AD9B-4264-BFFD-7BD442226AB0.jpeg
    1E4E598D-AD9B-4264-BFFD-7BD442226AB0.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 98

Ang1025

Lairian
@April Bishop - I split my time between Florida and Michigan, live with my Mom and sister. We are all either retired and/or semi-retired and home 95% of the time. I lost my heart dog a year ago and am searching for a new companion animal to help with my grief by having someone new to care for. Where are you located?

Fullmoon

Lairian
Hello,

I was wondering where you are located. I have a 3 year old boy sphynx that needs a playmate. I adopted him from this site 1 year ago. We also have a small chihuahua-winnie dog mix who is 14. My baby needs another cat close to his age to play with since the dog is a little to old to keep up with him. They play and snuggle, its just my baby needs a playmate with a little bit more get up and go. I noticed that you did not post a rehoming fee. I was wondering what your rehoming fee will be for her. I am able to travel to pick her up. I am available to answer any questions or concerns you may have. I should also note, that I have had cats my whole life, and am now 50. I am very aware of the special needs of the sphynx breed. My baby has allergies, so he requires a little bit of extra attention. My prior baby, toward the end had chronic kidney disease. He required around the clock care for the last 2 years of his life. In the end, his kidneys had recovered but then we discovered stomach cancer. I am very capable of providing a loving, safe and devoted home for her. I do not have young children in my home. I am also able to provide references. I would love to hear from you regarding consideration of parenthood of your baby. Please feel free to reach out to me here or via text at 469-510-7766.

Andera43

Lairian

Hi April, no judgement for this decision. It’s never easy to rehome a pet. I would love to get in touch about being her forever home!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Andera43 , welcome to the lair family! stay active with us. do you have any other pets?all paws are family. do not hesitate to start your own thread, in the adoption section with your location and an introduction thread in introductions. jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch~

MyfriendMoby

Lairian

Hey April! Where are you located? I’d love to talk more about giving her a new home!

JCWaellner

Lairian
Very interested have no other pets. Been a Vet Tech for 10 years and very knowledgeable with animals. We have been looking for the right baby for a long time. We don't have children and I work from home.

Jadetms

Lairian

I have been looking for a female Sphynx for awhile. I live out in the country and have no children at home and nothing but a six year old Dachshund who is docile and quiet and a female cat who is the same. Neither bother other cats. Where are you located?

Sphynxkrissy

Lairian

She is stunning. Definitely no judgment, it's a selfless thing. I have a boy sphynx and he would love a lil lady! Is she still available? Where are you located? Krissy

Mariereed92

Lairian

What state are you in?

Back