Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

our family's update...

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Things have been so insanely busy at our house! with puppies, bronxe's cancer and my sister wedding.. i could scream from all the stress!

Puppies: Momma had 5, at first all seemed healthy and happy, with 1 being a super tiny runt. he had a hernia in his tummy- ended up being an "open stomach" and he had a "soft spot" (fantanella spot) on his skull and sadly, he lost his battle late sunday night. It was a hard loss for our family. We had decided to keep him because we had been working so hard with him and his special needs. less then 50% of the dogs with the 'open stomach' actually live and of those usually have serious neurological problems. still a super hard loss. it isn't uncommon to lose bully pups... they're described as the "heart break breed"- usually a breeder will lose at least one pup... and have heard stories of people loosing whole litters -gosh i couldn't imagine!

So Rest in Peace little buddy, Adonis "oddie" (his name means strong warrior)

On a brighter note: everyone else is healthy and doing good. We have picked all but 1 pup's name out. i don't know why we're being so careful about picking the right name... but we are. We have decided that ...
This is Remington (the brindle boy) "Remmy" for short. and his sister Phoebe

From top left, clock wise " Oddie, Snooki, Remmy, Phoebe, and then the girl with no name lol... it'll come soon though!

As for Bronxe- it's been about 4 weeks since we found out about his cancer. He is on a steroid daily and they wanted to get him to the point of 1/2 a pill every other day. unfortunately that didnt work out good and he needs a 1/2 pill everyday. But he's still running around like a mad man :)
In his pic you can see his swollen neck- that's his cancer acting up:

He's eating Peaches in this picture!

coming home from the hospital after his biopsy

All my kitties

hope everyone is doing well! i have been trying to read up on all the past threads!

Sorry to hear about the loss of the pup. So sad, especially after working so hard with a special needs wee one. Are you keeping any of the other pups?

Glad to see pics of the naked kitties and good to hear Bronxe is still running about and acting himself. I had to laugh at the pic of him eating peaches. He looks like he is saying "Ummm Hello! You are interrupting me! Trying to eat peaches here and you are wanting to take pictures now?"

I think my favorite is with you and all the kitties. Love the feeling when both of mine are in my lap and all over me. Nothing like Sphynx love! Bronxe looks like he is trying to get your attention or give some kisses.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Colour! i love my babies so very much. we are keeping, Remmy, that all brindle boy. He was our show pick, we were just going to keep Oddie also because we couldn't imagine anyone else caring for him as much as we would! :)
and yes, Bronx-e is always in my face wanting attention. he's my baby. (in my arms as i type!)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Wow, the pics are great. Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of your pups. Its always hard when you lose one or some.
Bronxe pulls at my heart strings. I couldn't imagine going thru what you must be feeling. Sending nothing but positive thoughts and vibes your way!! xoxo

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bella- i'm so glad we could make you smile!! :)

Thanks everyone for all your support. Tonight is a hard night. i go through moments where i'm ok.. but tonight is a hard night.... i can't help but think the dr only gave him 3 months and well... 1 is already gone.
i love this cat more then i love most.. probably all of my family. I always tease John (my fiancee) that i love Bronx-e more then i love him.... sometimes i wonder if i am 'just kidding'....... i do love him more then i love anyone. :( i heard someone say once that they have found their pet soul mate.... bronxe is mine.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Bella- i'm so glad we could make you smile!! :)

Thanks everyone for all your support. Tonight is a hard night. i go through moments where i'm ok.. but tonight is a hard night.... i can't help but think the dr only gave him 3 months and well... 1 is already gone.
i love this cat more then i love most.. probably all of my family. I always tease John (my fiancee) that i love Bronx-e more then i love him.... sometimes i wonder if i am 'just kidding'....... i do love him more then i love anyone. :( i heard someone say once that they have found their pet soul mate.... bronxe is mine.

HUGS!!!:Cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures. I'm sorry to hear that you lost Oddie. I soul who has been loved is a happy soul. I know it must be hard not to look at the calendar and wonder how much time Bronx-e has left. Everyday spent with those we love is a wonderful gift and you will always treasure the memories of today. Thinking of you and sending love ans support.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone for all the wishes.. sorry for my down-er post last night. sometimes my heart gets the best of me.... i am so blessed to have this time with Bronxe. each day with him is a gift from God.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks everyone for all the wishes.. sorry for my down-er post last night. sometimes my heart gets the best of me.... i am so blessed to have this time with Bronxe. each day with him is a gift from God.

Don't apologize one bit. Not one of us here would want to be in your shoes. Feeling down is a part of the process. Don't ever hestitate to post a "downer post" ... let us help you shoulder the burden and support you through Bronxe's illness by lending you caring hearts to vent to.

Back