Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our Great Adventure (Or Why Mommie Has White Hair!!!)

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hiiii Ever’body!! Cleopatra the Itchy here today!!! So Daddieo went to take our Hooman brudder Adam to work today, and guess what??!!?? Somehow, the back door didn’t shut, and Stinky Markie and Me gotta go for a walk BY OURSELVES!!!! And nobody noticed for about a half hour!!!!!

We had soooo much fun!!! I gotta walk in the alley behind the house, and I went to visit the nice man what lives next door!!! Stinky Markie went inna front yard and tried to catch those pesky squirrels!!!!! And the worker Hoomans are tearing up the street near us, so no cars were onna street!!!

Anyhoo, when Mommie an’ Daddieo found out we were out, they went hunting for us!! Daddieo found Stinky near the back gate, and Stinky decided he wanted to come home!!!

But I was having too much fun with the neighbor Hooman!!! Mommie called and called, and I finally took pity on her and jingled my bell. When she saw me, I ran to her and let her pick me up!! I had cobwebs on me and told her ALL about my new friend!!!!

So we spent the rest of the day dreaming about our adventure!!!
Now I’m trying to get those Hoomans to FEED ME!!!!

Love All ya’ll!!! Cleopatra the Great Adventurer!!!

Julie here now—Is it any wonder that my hair is turning white? And we went down and ordered a storm door that will stay shut! Here are the Great Explorers supervising Daddieo while he prepares their final meal of the day.
23B67EF5-A8D9-4F49-BC4A-836E7A535130.jpeg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi dere, Livvy here.
Wowsers! You DID IT! Now you have to come up with sneaky ways to get out tho.
Isn't it cool? I play that game with our mum. She sez Catio time is restricted now, because she haz to get me from the barn, like...all the time. But there are BURDS! in there!!
Did you see BURDS? We murdalized one a week or so ago and mum wasn't happy, but it CAME IN, and this is OUR house, so...
Here's a tip for you: Keep an eye open for when there are hooman visitors. Mum's Dad came this week, and he was GREAT at leaving doors open. I got out LOADS of time. Once EVERYONE was outside!! So keep an eye on that door when there's hoomans who don't live there.

Shush, Livvy. Don't give Cleo ideas.
I totally emphasize with the grey hair...
My dad and sister visited earlier this week, and my dad is a great believer in leaving all doors open. And gates. And whatnot. I probably ended up catching Livvy about six times in one day. Once I didn't realize he'd not closed the door AND the catio gate properly...and suddenly there were NO cats. *sigh*
When I mentioned I was going to put a secure catio behind the new house, he was like "Pff, just let them out."

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Cleo! Queen Cleo!! What a great adventure for you and Marcus. Making new friends and exploring the street must be awesome. Makes me want to take my new baby sister on a outing all by ourselves.

What? Now I hear mommy yelling that if I do so we won't get any diner, we will be diner cause mommy will fry us:wideyed::eek:.

Love, Jade

Pffew what a relief you got them back safe. My hair was almost getting white by alone reading your story. What a scary day for you

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks everybody! It was scary, but we were more worried that they would be hit by a car in the alley or get into someone’s house, car or garage. We take them out often enough on their leashes or in the strollers, that they know the yard and where to go to get back into the house. The major problem now is that they really, really want to go back out again. They keep pushing against that flimsy storm door, hoping that it will pop open again. But we are shutting it really tightly, and making sure it is locked every time.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi dere, Livvy here.
Wowsers! You DID IT! Now you have to come up with sneaky ways to get out tho.
Isn't it cool? I play that game with our mum. She sez Catio time is restricted now, because she haz to get me from the barn, like...all the time. But there are BURDS! in there!!
Did you see BURDS? We murdalized one a week or so ago and mum wasn't happy, but it CAME IN, and this is OUR house, so...
Here's a tip for you: Keep an eye open for when there are hooman visitors. Mum's Dad came this week, and he was GREAT at leaving doors open. I got out LOADS of time. Once EVERYONE was outside!! So keep an eye on that door when there's hoomans who don't live there.

Shush, Livvy. Don't give Cleo ideas.
I totally emphasize with the grey hair...
My dad and sister visited earlier this week, and my dad is a great believer in leaving all doors open. And gates. And whatnot. I probably ended up catching Livvy about six times in one day. Once I didn't realize he'd not closed the door AND the catio gate properly...and suddenly there were NO cats. *sigh*
When I mentioned I was going to put a secure catio behind the new house, he was like "Pff, just let them out."

Livvy!!!! Queen Cleopatra here! I read all about your exploits!! You have such Biiiig Mousies, and a BARN!! You are sooo lucky! All I have are those stinky squirrels!!! But we do have LOTSA birdies!!!! But they NEVER come in! I will keep an eye on MY door, and you keep an eye on YOUR door, so lets see who can have better adventures!!! I think it’ll be you, since you have a Grandpa-type Hooman who likes to let you out!!!!!

Cleo! Queen Cleo!! What a great adventure for you and Marcus. Making new friends and exploring the street must be awesome. Makes me want to take my new baby sister on a outing all by ourselves.

What? Now I hear mommy yelling that if I do so we won't get any diner, we will be diner cause mommy will fry us:wideyed::eek:.

Love, Jade

Pffew what a relief you got them back safe. My hair was almost getting white by alone reading your story. What a scary day for you

Hi Jade!!!! I think you should take that new minikitty out for a walk. After all, she needs to learn all that stuff, and who knows, you might find her a new home!!!! I know your mommy loves her, but I saw you telling her to behave when she took over YOUR hidy hole!!! These baybees have NO respect for us lady kitties!!! BTW, your Mommy will NOT make you diner, acause we kittehs are too stringy and tough to eat! An’ besides, if your Mommy cooks your fer dinner, who would keep her warm all night? See? Your mommy needs YOU a LOT more than you need HER!!!!
Cleopatra, Queen of ALL Kittehs!!!

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Hello Cleopatra! Rosie here! I love hearing of your adventures in the Out! I love to go in the garden with mummy but she is obsessed with those door lock thingies and I have never managed to get out on my own. What fun! I think I might be a little scared though as the lady opposite is scared of cats and shrieks if she sees me. I think that’s kind of rude, but my mummy says she’s a sweet old lady so i guess that’s ok.
Please give my best ear kisses and nose bumps to my darling Marcus. I know you think he’s stinky, but I love him very much. Maybe I wouldn’t be scared to go out if I had him by my side.
Lots of love Rosie xx

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Hello Cleopatra! Rosie here! I love hearing of your adventures in the Out! I love to go in the garden with mummy but she is obsessed with those door lock thingies and I have never managed to get out on my own. What fun! I think I might be a little scared though as the lady opposite is scared of cats and shrieks if she sees me. I think that’s kind of rude, but my mummy says she’s a sweet old lady so i guess that’s ok.
Please give my best ear kisses and nose bumps to my darling Marcus. I know you think he’s stinky, but I love him very much. Maybe I wouldn’t be scared to go out if I had him by my side.
Lots of love Rosie xx
Hiii Miss Rosie!!! I won’t kiss Stinky Markie, because, well, he stinks! But I will tell him all about your neighbor lady that screams!!! Our neighbor ladies come and tell Daddieo if we get out! (That happened once when a door was being worked on!) Have fun with your Mummy!!!
@Yoda mom , I am much less itchy and happy to be on Mommie’s lap tonite! Thank you for asking!! Stay tuned for Stinky’s latest adventure!!!

Back