Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our Houseguest

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So Bob went to the store today, and found this walking down the middle of the busy alley behind the house. This Ornate Box Turtle is just a guest, until we can relocate it to a safer place tomorrow or Tuesday. This is the state reptile of Kansas! Who knew?
F5EBFCDA-0AB1-48ED-8CC3-2089EE0AFECA.jpeg
23DBD5A6-3AF1-44B0-B521-662109E24982.jpeg
CE7533BC-63FF-46EE-82A1-0147B3DF2257.jpeg

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We put him in a (hopefully) safe area near where he was found. According to the box turtle rescue site I found, they are very bonded to the area where they are hatched, and don't do well if they are moved from there. So we took him/her? back down the alley, and found a good patch of grass. When Adam put him down, he scurried to some leaf litter and burrowed down until he was invisible. I hope he will live happily for the next 50 years.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a beauty!
My town has an official stae reptile....or well we have that during carnaval (3 days a year)...a frog. All people who celebrate carnaval in my town have a fake frog stitched on a coat;-)
We want a picture of you and your frog on your coat! The area in Northern California where we are from doesn't have an official reptile, but it does have the Banana Slug as a mascot. They even have slug races every year.