Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our Maggie is dying from HCM Congestive heart failure

sorsini112

Lairian
These past few months have been really hard and this past week has been even harder. We got our Maggie from a rehome 6 years ago on sphynxlair. Our first sphynx died from hcm before his 3rd birthday. Our baby Maggie got her diagnosis a few days before her 10th birthday. We took her to the cardiologists a few weeks ago but her health has declined so fast.y husband and I don’t have human kids our our @thenakesbunch is our life. We have got all of our kids from either adoption or rehomes. Maggie has been a mom to all of them. She has been an amazing cat and she is the only girl in the house besides myself. To see her body fail her is the saddest thing in the world. Please pray for my mama Maggie. I want her to have a peaceful passage to rainbow heaven.

Attachments

• 1E22B1C4-5D1F-473F-9DBE-E24BBD4189EA.jpeg
    1E22B1C4-5D1F-473F-9DBE-E24BBD4189EA.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 88

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hugs. I am so sorry that you all are going through this rough time. A lot of us on the Lair have been through similar times. I know I have more than once. I wish you all healing and will keep you all in mind during this time of change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Uksphynxmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I really feel your pain I lost my precious boy Rizzy to hcm in April he was 12. He was diagnosed in Jan and passed in April. The vets were amazing with him all the way through and he had a calm safe passing when his time come x

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:(
All of mine are rehomes, so I know very little about their history.
But my biggest dread is that they are all very close in age, and I know at some point there will be the day I lose one.
In the meantime, I am loving all of them every day, even on the days they are little terrors.
Many hugs sent from me and the girls. I can't imagine how difficult this must be.

Yoda mom

Staff member
((((Comforting Hugs ))))))))

“Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.”
- from poem for cats

Last edited:

cymrufem

Lairian
My heart goes out to you. I lost my 3 year old Siamese Zumi in May. He had numerous health issues and despite our best efforts, he is now in Heaven. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Back