Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our New "Sleeper Condos"

susi794

Staff member
Well, I was inspired by havingalook's avatar and then I saw my S. African friend, Jeanette , on FB this morning got some stacking bins and set them up with blankets inside and her cats liked them. so after water aerobics this morning I went to the store and bought some recycle bins and put a blankie in each one and my cats are using them too. Thought I'd post some pics for your viewing pleasure.

susi794

Staff member
I have two stacks of four--so everyone can have a cubicle. They seem to like them. They are the stackable recycle bins--one for glass, another for plastics, etc. So they are quite roomy--they like the one with the big blanket in it the best, so I will have to put bigger blankies in...

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The shelter here does this for their cats too. I think I shall have to give this a try, it is clearly cat approved!:ThumbsUp: Great Job Susi!

firehillqueen

Banned
What a perfect idea and a great space saver too. I will do that to. I can put them in the cat room and on the cat porch as well. Thank you for sharing.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo and Lola would love those, I may have to copy! They are always trying to get in my wardrobe and clothes draws.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm a bit hesitant, are you guys sure they're stable? I have visions of a kitty jumping in one while going full speed ahead and the thing tumbling apart.

susi794

Staff member
Mine have been jumping in and out of them and they seem ok. But I have them backed up against a wall..and they are pretty wide legged--they feel pretty stable to me.....but anything with height could topple over I guess.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
That is a great idea! They are really cute and to mention that works alot better than cat beds lines up on the couch. lol I might have to copy that when my "kitties" get here. I'll make a post on that later.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Better yet, toss a heating pad in each one and you may never get the kitties out- particularly once fall weather hits! Cute idea!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK Susie that is what I will be doing when I eventually turn into the crazy old Sphynx cat lady with 20 hairless lovers.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Those are awesome! I'm moving at the end of the month and will now have more room (thank god!) ... and those would fit perfectly in the kitchen / dining area! I wonder which stores in Canada would sell something like that? Time to investigate ...

Back