Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our skin woes

abbietron

Lairian
Hi everyone, it's been a while since we were active here. I wonder if anyone can help.

Elvis has been diagnosed with "pigmentation" on his skin, but I'm not satisfied with that. It seems to be spreading and is flaky. We wash him with prescribed medication Malaseb (not sure what else it is marketed under) and it stops him smelling potatoey. I love him as much as I did before but it's so unsightly and looks like we don't care and love for him.

abbietron

Lairian
These are the best I can get without upsetting him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 137

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@abbietron You in no way shape or form look like you are not giving proper care. It truly looks like pigmentation and it does not look bad. You can look to protect your windows with tinting. Here is a link that might give you some help Experience with UV Window Film

Often if they stop sunning as much, the darker patches can lighten and in some cases go away entirely.

Patti

Last edited:

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He looks great to me! But I may not be fully understanding what his condition is. Either way, he is handsome!

Yoda mom

Staff member
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@abbietron , to give you peace of mind - here are pics of Batman's vet diagnosed "pigmentation" the day I adopted him
It all cleared up on its own on a couple of months - no medications ,no ointments , just regular bathing every few weeks with Hylyt shampoo and nooo direct sunbathing

I brought him home knowing what a sun worshipper he obvious is and put cat trees in indirect light -
Window tint is popular too in case no shaded Windows

Ps - your baby is obviously well loved :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Don't know about pigmentation so only jumped in to day your baby is very handsome and is obviously well loved!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@abbietron he looks very well taken care of and loved. He is a gorgeous BIG boy. Love it! :)
Hope you find a solution soon.