Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Our sweet baby coming home soon!!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Our second Sphynx baby will be coming home soon-He was born on July 7...He is a High white calico. He is so adorable-He reminds me of Linguini the character of the Ratatouille movie so we named him Linguini! :LOL::LOL:

He is 6 hours away so we will drive 6 hours to pick him up or who knows maybe the breeder meets us half way.

We are so excited!...I can't wait to have him here with us!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He's adorable - but are you sure it's a he? Or that he's a calico? Because only females can express the colour calico. There are very rare instances of male calicos being born but they're always sterile. So it's really a female, or really isn't a calico, or really is a very very rare calico male.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What a sweetie!:Smile:
I am with the others on only females being calico, but I do think he is a he because he does not look calico to me he seems to have the white with one other darker color? A calico has to be at least 3 colors. I also love the name you picked:ThumbsUp:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you so much everyone!:BigSmile::ThumbsUp:....The breeder said he's a calico but I guess he is just white with a few spots! He is so adorable!.....

Do you think the spots will get darker?
Because Mickey was like a beige color when we got him and now he is white with a lot of grey/blue everywhere! Hopefully Linguini stays mostly white! :)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Your Mickey might be something they call a thermal in which a light colored Sphynx developes its color and markings as he ages and/or with the seasons.

I don't know much about it myself, but there are members who could explain better.

Is Linguini from the same breeder? If he is then he might develop spots of color too.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Your Mickey might be something they call a thermal in which a light colored Sphynx developes its color and markings as he ages and/or with the seasons.

I don't know much about it myself, but there are members who could explain better.

Is Linguini from the same breeder? If he is then he might develop spots of color too.

Oh thats good to know!-Linguini is from another breeder....

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Linguini will be coming home on September 13!!!! Yaaaay! We are so excited! I will post a lot of pictures!!!!
:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok So I am SUPER EXCITED! Linguini is finally coming home tomorrow! We will be picking him up at the aiport tomorrow afternoon!!:BigSmile: I have everything ready toys cat tree,Blankies everything!:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile: yaaay!

The breeder sent me some new pics today!--Here he is with daddy! Isn't he the cutest thing ever!? And his daddy is precious!

Attachments

• 3B98.jpg
    3B98.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 3BBA.jpg
    3BBA.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 3BED.jpg
    3BED.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 16
Back