Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Overall help needed with bath regimen!

anoirb

Lairian
I've noticed with one of my babies that the day after I bathe him, he gets really really dry skin. I've tried several different shampoos and they all seem to break him out or give him super dry, flaky skin. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has any tips on how to clear it up! Also, what kind of wipes are good inbetween baths? I've used different baby wipes and they all seem to irritate his skin! Don't know if this has been asked, but if it has just direct me to that thread. Thanks!

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use pet degreaser with gentle exfoliating glove on Neenee and make sure she is super rinsed. Between baths, if she needs it, I use a warm washcloth.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would stop the wipes... Just use a warm wet cloth or paper towel to clean up between baths. Mine didn't do well with wipes, I know some people do just fine using them though. That would be the first thing to rule out irritation/ sensitivity to ingredients.

I have used the Earth Bath Clear Advantages Shampoo with great success - no dyes or fragrance.

http://www.earthbath.com/shampoo/pints/pint-clear.php

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I use Earth Bath hypoallergenic. I agree with stopping the wipes and just using a warm wet wash cloth between baths. Also, you may want to bathe less often. Try to stretch it to 2 weeks. You could also try a dab of pure organic coconut oil during bath, just be sure to rinse very well.

anoirb

Lairian
Thanks guys! I normally bathe him every 3 weeks, sometimes just once a month because even at every 2 weeks, he gets really dry. I think I'll try the Earth Bath Shampoo and stop the wipes. We'll see how that works!(y)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
anoirb let us know how it goes so we can help other members in the future that might have the same issue. So often it is trial and error and find a product that works just right. Fingers are crossed.

patti

KaiRo

Lairian
I wash my baby in Johnson's Baby Shampoo and after the bath i rub pure coconut oil all over him..he loves it and it makes his skin feel wonderful....hope it helps...

sandyerc

Lairian
I've noticed with one of my babies that the day after I bathe him, he gets really really dry skin. I've tried several different shampoos and they all seem to break him out or give him super dry, flaky skin. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and has any tips on how to clear it up! Also, what kind of wipes are good inbetween baths? I've used different baby wipes and they all seem to irritate his skin! Don't know if this has been asked, but if it has just direct me to that thread. Thanks!

I use Johnson Baby products and after their bath I rub Johnsons baby lotion all over their wet bodies then I dry them off. They have the softest skin ever. I have been doing this since they were 3 months old and they are now 6 1/2 years old. Also never use any products with lavender in them sometimes these guys are allergic. I only use Johnsons baby products: Johnson Baby Moisture Wash (pink color) , Johnson Baby Moisture Wash Shea & Cocoa Butter and Johnson Baby Moisture Wash Vanilla Oatmeal. I buy the wash and also the lotion with each.

Back