Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ozzy Osbalds Intro

pepal

Lairian
Hello,

let me introduce Ozzy Osbald to this community.
He is 9 month old and so far he had not had the best of luck. He was the runt of the litter and got picked on by his brothers. Then he found a good home but sadly there dog did not like him that much either. So after his misfortune he made his way into my home.
And we intent to give him all the love and care he needs and deserves. Just look at him, how could you not love him!
We got him yesterday and he already enjoyes his lengthly cuddling seassons. We just got some issues with the food and his weight. He was feed some caned bullshit food (sugar and grain) and only weights 2,4kg
He now gets premade frozen raw food but is a little hesistant about it. I also gave him some minced beef which he gobbled up like a vacuum but the proper catfood not so much.
I just hope he gets used to it so he can enjoy the food he was made for in the first place.
He also found his favourite spot in the house already. My shoulders :happy:

nuU7LOI.jpg

sxqCol7.jpg

fNJYda3.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome. Ozzy is adorable, and you're right, how could anyone not love him. But then it was meant to be that he be in your care and loving hands.

There is an additive called FortiFlora (not sure if you can get it where you are), but it's like kitty crack. It's a probiotic, so healthy for them too, but a sprinkle of this on food really encourages eating.

Keep us updated on Ozzy's progress!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @pepal and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pepal ,welcome to the lair family ! Happy Ozzy Gotcha!

Bless you for opening your heart and home to this handsome boy!
He no doubt will be spoiled amd loved beyond words !

So happy to see he found his favorote spot amd settling bombing quickly -
He knows loooove :)

Very happy the sohtnx stars aligned

Looking forward to your journey with us with lots of pics amd tales!

We have several Raw feeders who can chime in too

Big welcome home head smooches to Ozzy
I am sure his transformation will be amazing with all your love and care

He is blessed with your heart and Home
I can just see him playing and having the good life with you :)

((Hugs))) and head smooches

We want lots of pics and tales !

pepal

Lairian
Thanks guys.
another day almost over. He cant get enough of his raw food now. Added an egg yolk today and tomorrow he gets an chickenwing to his normal food. Just to test if he likes it.
Went to my butcher today. He offers minced chicken, venison, rabbit and beef for catfood. only 2,5€ per kilo. Just need to add some bones and organs.

Now he enjoys scratches from my girlfriend

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@pepal welcome to sphynxlair for you and Ozzy. Glad he finally found a loving forever home after this not so lucky start. He's a very handsome and cute boy!

pepal

Lairian
I built Ozzy a Catwheel
When its time to sleep (for humans anyway) and his energy isnt already drained enough, he jumps in and takes it for a ride

For those who are interested, its selfmade and the most expensive part was the rope (220meter for 50€) but only needed 80meters
All things together roughly 50€ quite a steal compared to those fior 200+ you can buy
Diameter is 1 meter, fits nicely between my hallway and door but would build it a little bigger if enough space ~1,2meter would be nice

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pepal , checking in on Ozzy !wow what an amazing cat wheel , I will have to add your video the excercise wheel thread for all to see!
Sooo cool and ingenious!

Last edited:

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I built Ozzy a Catwheel
When its time to sleep (for humans anyway) and his energy isnt already drained enough, he jumps in and takes it for a ride

For those who are interested, its selfmade and the most expensive part was the rope (220meter for 50€) but only needed 80meters
All things together roughly 50€ quite a steal compared to those fior 200+ you can buy
Diameter is 1 meter, fits nicely between my hallway and door but would build it a little bigger if enough space ~1,2meter would be nice

I'm a bit late to this thread, but just wanted to say that I'm sooo pleased that gorgeous little Ozzy finally found a home where he will be loved and appreciated!! He looks like he could be my Butchie's long lost brother haha ;) Seems you've got him to a good weight now, feeding him all that healthy and tasty food!

And well done with that catwheel - it's supercool! :D(y)

pepal

Lairian
@pepal Ohhh I like! Where did you find the instructions to build this?
googled around a little bit and found a thread in a german forum but sadly all his images where deleted.
Some inspiration and two right hands in construction made it quite easy.
If you are interested i can write down everything i needed and how to built

@pepal , checking in on Ozzy !wow what an amazing cat wheel , I will have to add your video the excercise wheel thread for all to see!
Sooo cool and ingenious!
please do, same offer as above

I added some Photos of Ozzy to the Media section which capture his personality quite well i think.
Being a sleepy weirdo.
IMG_20181113_175653.jpg

Back