Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Painting the Catwalk

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Started Painting, I love the bright colors, I got carried away and got the door in the action too! Got to do second coats, but you get the idea!:Cool::Laugh:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks guys, all my friends and family think I am nuts, all they say is think of the resale value! but I want to enjoy MY house while I live in it, not worry about maybe selling it one day! Thanks for appreciating it!

Holly this one is called parakeet green! lol

Rhubarb

Lairian
I LOVE the colors! We painted one of our rooms "fairy dust" purple and put bright pink and blue furnature in it and all I heard about was how hard it would be sell the house but I say...who cares! It is MY house now! Good for you!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My daughter's room is fairy dust purple!! For her birthday this year she wanted one wall pink and black checkered, we found this awesome black paint that is magnetic and chalkboard so she can write on her walls now too, you can see the purple between the squares!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My daughter's room is fairy dust purple!! For her birthday this year she wanted one wall pink and black checkered, we found this awesome black paint that is magnetic and chalkboard so she can write on her walls now too, you can see the purple between the squares!

Wow thats cool! You want to come to my house and paint my kids rooms? They would love that! :LOL::LOL:

Treespirit

Lairian

Now that is awesome! As is your catwalk project. I love the use of color! :ThumbsUp: :Laugh:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Okay, this blows my mind! I absolutely LOVE it and I'm getting a cramp in my neck looking at the unused space around the perimeter of my bedroom, lol. Are those special cat walk shelves you installed or just good ol' fashioned book shelves or what?????

In other words...How'd you do that????

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Okay, this blows my mind! I absolutely LOVE it and I'm getting a cramp in my neck looking at the unused space around the perimeter of my bedroom, lol. Are those special cat walk shelves you installed or just good ol' fashioned book shelves or what?????

In other words...How'd you do that????
It was pretty simple, we got everything at Lowes. We started with some long plain boards, and cut them to fit the walls, the ones for the steps are 5 in wide so we can still open the door, but the ones around the room are 7 in wide. We bought a length of runner carpet, and stapled it to the cut boards to provide the cats with some grip. the bed on one end is just a hard bottom box from lowes, screwed on and with a blankie inside for easy cleaning, the other bed is a cat bed from a petstore but we had to put a board inside to screw it onto the walk and it has a soft pad over it, that comes out to wash. The boards are held up by plain shelf brackets (there are some very nice decorative ones, but they cost more) then I painted, in hindsight it would be easier to paint before hanging them, but live and learn! lol

I bet if you think about it, you can come up with lots more ideas, I know I have more I want to try and extend it down my hallway in time!:Laugh:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I would love to do something like this someday - ever since I saw the thing on animal planet i've wanted to do something similar. Not sure my boyfriend is up for it tho - I'll have to "work on him". lol

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You guys should totally do it!! I would love to see some different ideas. My husband corrected me, the steps are 1x6 and the walk is 1x8 boards.

The cats LOVE it, I put some nip on it the first night to entice them, but now there is always a cat or two on it, it gives em a place away from kids and dogs, but they can still be a part of the family room.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I love it!!!!
also love your daughters room, we are painting our daughters room next week and she wanted purple but that is so cool I love the pink and black!!!!
SOOO you coming to do it???:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL, I didn't even do my own, I cant draw a straight line to save my life! A friend of my husband is a painter and owed us a favor, soooooooo we called it in!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL, I didn't even do my own, I cant draw a straight line to save my life! A friend of my husband is a painter and owed us a favor, soooooooo we called it in!

Wait wait wait! what was I thinking!!!! of course I'll do it, you just have to pay me in sphynx kittens!!:LOL::Laugh: