Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Paka is limping

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Paka is good. We really have something to give thanks for. We all had our semiannual vet visit today. She was pronounced way better by her vet. The others were also deemed well and though usually the ones who play hard to catch ,since Paka has been resting they climb into their carrier, either separately or together so we just transported them easily. All the humans love Paka best and, oh my, her ears were dirtier than usual. Then we all came home and Paka got to eat with her sisters from the bowls they usually share. Paka went back to rest and we all went to bed and just woke up. Tuesday we send the next videos to the neurologist. We are tapering her off the Prednisone. She has much more energy and seems to be limping less but still not walking perfectly. Paws crossed this will be a ghastly memory soon. Thanks for following up. I wish I had taken a picture of them all eating together. Next time !!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Oh my this is so amazing! I’m so glad she’s getting to enjoy some normal kitty stuff again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Neurologist says no MRI and told us to take her off the prednisone after we have gone to every other day. She can now eat morning and night 7 feet away with her sisters under supervision. We are letting the others in her crate with her to visit. I missed when she groomed Foxy but we got Foxy grooming her.
EE815F7F-3BB6-4450-9DDE-DF7AF51763D4.jpeg
. She’s loving the hugs and didn’t miss a beat when she walked to the bowl. Gotta watch, Shel found her missing and she was by the bed in the bedroom where I was. Quick little devil. She’s been resting. I’m worn out. Her purr puts me to sleep and I have to go to work!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
I hope Paka is still making improvements and getting to come out of isolation some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi, Paka is so happy to be hugged and free a bit. The rubs on me and licks. She is still a slippery devil and heads for the bedroom or the others’ carrying case whenever she can. We have been advised By the vet not take videos too often because it becomes hard to evaluate the differences. The others are leaving her side to sleep together and with us. Foxy goes into Paka’s crate whenever Paka is out. Thanks to everyone for getting us through this.

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So I am glad to say Paka is healing. Her limp is less pronounced and she has been off medicine for a while. She had been coming out to eat and be rubbed, cleaned and hugged. Today is the first day letting her free under supervision. So far this morning she used the litter box way down in the the bathroom and ran back as I call crazy cat. She is becoming out of control fast. She jumped on the armchair in the afternoon before I could see her thinking of doing so and jumped over her sister at the food bowl. Later she took a nap with me in the bed and I slept the best I had in 2-1/2 months. They said 8 weeks and they were right. We all thank you all.

Sheldon13

Staff member
So I am glad to say Paka is healing. Her limp is less pronounced and she has been off medicine for a while. She had been coming out to eat and be rubbed, cleaned and hugged. Today is the first day letting her free under supervision. So far this morning she used the litter box way down in the the bathroom and ran back as I call crazy cat. She is becoming out of control fast. She jumped on the armchair in the afternoon before I could see her thinking of doing so and jumped over her sister at the food bowl. Later she took a nap with me in the bed and I slept the best I had in 2-1/2 months. They said 8 weeks and they were right. We all thank you all.

So happy to be reading this. We were all very worried for her. It’s no fun to be sick, especially for an energetic cat.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Merry Christmas from Paka who felt your concern and has stopped wiggling in my arms long enough for me to write this. She is her usual wiggly rubbing kissing and love biting self and seems to know that if we see her thinking of jumping she there will be loud noises and the possibility of incarceration. I’m loving more than ever the sound of her little paws running. I have sworn I will never take any of them for granted. We even took our feral to the vet yesterday and saw the movie “Cats.” Happy holidays to all.

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have not forgotten everyone here at Sphynxlair. Paka has been allowed out all day when we are home since New Year's Day. She makes a bee line for the bed after she eats. We have been sleeping together and today we left the house and let her stay out. We came back a bit late for mealtime and all three girls were waiting by the door. She seems to know not to try to jump to the chair or couch. It's been a lot of exercise in a short period of time so I am not pushing to see if she can. I don't waste a moment I can pet, rub and kiss them. . She has just about licked the skin off my arms. We are all so grateful she is better. Happy New year to all.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy New Year and thank you for the good news update..
I can just see them waiting at the door for you!
look forward to more positive updates and new pics of all!
hugs n head smooches

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hard to get pictures. She gets out of the crate when we come home. Flies at the speed of light to the food bowl and surprises us and her sisters by diving into the bed (which now is on the floor) and goes way under the covers before all the food is gone (so unusual). She sneaks out to go to the litter box and gets back under the covers. She scratches on the cardboard scratcher and will bat a ping pong ball if you roll it toward her. I’m not really worried. She is slowly becoming a pest to be fed. One day she hid so we couldn’t put her in the crate when we left for work. I have no idea where she went. I was tying my shoe sitting on the bed and she had vanished!!! Everyone else got treats and an extra meal and she never came out. We were really quiet and suddenly there she was in the middle of the bedroom. Hiding is not usually her thing but desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi Yoda Mom and everyone. This week Paka has been out of daytime incarceration. She has gotten very energetic and was running around a lot so we discussed when we should trust her especially because once she is in the crate after my husband leaves she cries and hangs from the top of the crate. So we let her stay out two days now. This morning there was evidence she was in the tub. My goodness just as I write this, my storm door was blowing in the wind and when I I opened the inside door to close it, she came running from the bedroom to see. Then she jumped on the couch to run against me. Her sister is right beside her watching but wanting to be petted too. I’m watching her carefully but she seems to be well. Thanks for asking. You have all actually been in my thoughts but I have been too pooped to write.

Attachments

• 27DEF5D6-671F-4AE1-9E7A-EBD48D757D2A.jpeg
    27DEF5D6-671F-4AE1-9E7A-EBD48D757D2A.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 68819E11-3342-4630-B8CB-2E7145C7B372.jpeg
    68819E11-3342-4630-B8CB-2E7145C7B372.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 54
Back