Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pale nose color...

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey guys, I was looking at Lemmy's nose today and noticed that it was not pink like it normally is. It is more like a very pale pink. Also his gums are the same way. I am concerned about this!! When I had my first sphynx, she had a white nose and pale gums and she was very anemic. I first noticed that she was sick by seeing this. She ended up passing away from FIP! I am so scared that Lemmy is going down the same path. My husband says that I am neurotic about the color of his nose, but I am very scared of losing him too. He also has like a blister on his mouth. I am not sure where this came from and did not notice it yesterday. I was just wondering if there would be any other reason besides anemia that his nose would be so pale?? I hope that I am just being over cautious, but I am really freaking out!!:Sweat::Sweat::Sad::Sad: Any help wuld be appreciated GREATLY!

dragynflye

Lairian
i would call and ask the vet, because anemia is the first thing that came to my mind as well. however, is it possible he is just cold? when you're cold, your body maximizes blood flow to the core, and minimizes it to the extremities (including the nose), which can make them look pale.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I called my vet and they said to watch him overnight and that if it was still pale in the morning to call back and they would see him. It looks a little better now. Maybe he was cold!!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy's nose is back to pink this morning, but I am still going to have some blood work done. I just want to be safe. I think that he is ok. He is acting fine and eating well. Thanks, to all for your well wishes!!:BigSmile:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry, I got busy and did not update the post. His results were all ok.....they said that he must have been too cold. I will have to make sure I keep the heat turned up a little more!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good! Glad to hear he's healthy.

Sophie got blood work done last week. They took her in the back after the vet visit to draw her blood. I was in the waiting and heard 2 of her jungle cat full throttle screams. I of course partly feel bad for her but also partly shake my head because they're so sweet there and would never hurt her. Of course she comes out with a bandage- it was cute- pink with purple hearts. She milked her getting "tortured" for the rest of the night- sulking and of course I babied her. :LOL:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good! Glad to hear he's healthy.

Sophie got blood work done last week. They took her in the back after the vet visit to draw her blood. I was in the waiting and heard 2 of her jungle cat full throttle screams. I of course partly feel bad for her but also partly shake my head because they're so sweet there and would never hurt her. Of course she comes out with a bandage- it was cute- pink with purple hearts. She milked her getting "tortured" for the rest of the night- sulking and of course I babied her. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Jungle cat full throttle screams!!! I love that.....Lemmy does the same thing. And, yes I babied him as well!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Jungle cat full throttle screams!!! I love that.....Lemmy does the same thing. And, yes I babied him as well!!

I apologized to the vet tech for the resistance and she just said with a smile "that's ok, that's the sphynx in her". :LOL::LOL:

Back