Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Panic! (Finished panicking, but...)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So Pixie was doing her morning routine -- sunbathing at the kitchen door, behind the screen.
The screen is loose-ish, but she is pretty good at not trying to get out.
Until, that is, Leo wanted to avail himself of the water trough outside the door.
I was in the bedroom and all I heard was crash bang wallop -- and then I saw a suntanned Sphynx go after a huge ginger Maine Coon - straight past the bedroom window. OUTSIDE.
No collar on, nada.
I ran into the kitchen, put shoes on, and ran outside. No sign of either Pixie, or Leo.
I'm calling, searching, calling, searching... Dreading they've run across the road into the woods.
Ten minutes into wandering the fields and back, I call, I hear a meow.
Pixie came strolling by, pleased as punch.
She evaded me trying to pick her up, but eventually came.

All is well again, but damn. No more sunbathing behind the screen. At least not without a leash.
(She's bitterly complaining that I closed the door, now.)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So Pixie was doing her morning routine -- sunbathing at the kitchen door, behind the screen.
The screen is loose-ish, but she is pretty good at not trying to get out.
Until, that is, Leo wanted to avail himself of the water trough outside the door.
I was in the bedroom and all I heard was crash bang wallop -- and then I saw a suntanned Sphynx go after a huge ginger Maine Coon - straight past the bedroom window. OUTSIDE.
No collar on, nada.
I ran into the kitchen, put shoes on, and ran outside. No sign of either Pixie, or Leo.
I'm calling, searching, calling, searching... Dreading they've run across the road into the woods.
Ten minutes into wandering the fields and back, I call, I hear a meow.
Pixie came strolling by, pleased as punch.
She evaded me trying to pick her up, but eventually came.

All is well again, but damn. No more sunbathing behind the screen. At least not without a leash.
(She's bitterly complaining that I closed the door, now.)
Glad to hear she is back home safe and sound. Close one! :)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah. She stays on the collar/leash now.
I did take her for a walk later, since the weather is really nice, and she wants out (can't blame her, really).
It'll be nasty and horrible before long, so I figure we'll make the most of it for now, escapes or no escapes. Come autumn it'll get too nippy for her to be outside, and in winter that's a HELL NO around here (LOTS of snow and minus temps), so she'll get to sit / walk outside for now.
Besides, it's warmer outside than it is in the apartment, and she loves to sit under the table in the shade and bake in the heat. (and try and catch the HUGE dragonflies which come to the water trough)
But... at least I know one thing now: She'll come back.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Those scares are the worst! I had one recently, came in the front door in a huge hurry to grab something. Wasn't looking, and I slammed the door behind me. I heard a yowl, and when I turned around the door was shut. And Molly was outside on the front step, looking at me! I had slammed her in the door so she ran outside. Thank goodness no broken ribs, and she was only temporarily miffed at me!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh you must have been so scared. I was scared while reading it even while you already said the panic was over so I know it would end well. So happy you found her. And happy to see her on a outing. So great to see Pixie walk around outside.

Back