Paper work | Sphynxlair

Paper work

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by Maggies mommy, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Maggies mommy

Maggies mommyV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $1,100.16
    Ratings:
    +471
    I never got any paper work from my breeder only 1 about her vet visit! She is supose to mail me her blue papers & that was like 3 months ago & I always remind her like once a month did u get the papers yet! I'm getting so agravated I don't even know what blue papers are she told me something about if I want to put her in a show but I don't know if she knows what the heck she is talking about! Even more importantly how do I get Maggie registered do I need to? Talk about STRESS!!! :(

2. Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $137.00
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    Is it CFA or TICA?
    I can try to help you.
    It would help if you can pm me and tell me who the breeder is.
    There is a blue slip you need to fill out that comes from the breeder.
    You need that to register her.
    It does not take 3 months to come.
    I sure hope she is not bsing you.
    I will help you with anything you need.
    When you send the blue slip you get the reg number back and a pedigree if you pay for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sam lewis

Sam lewisV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $6,018.17
      Ratings:
      +735
      • Bear
      • Butterfly 1
      The breeder should register her to your name and send the papers on to you. Did you not get a certificate of pedigree? I got some paper work when I picked up Mo and the rest was sent to me in the post. I'm pretty sure it came faster than 3months though so I don't know what is going on there!

• Like Like x 2
      • EmbraceMonChat

EmbraceMonChatLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $3.00
        Ratings:
        +89
        Whenever I've heard breeders speak of the "blue slip", it has usually referred to CFA registration. The blue slip is the actually paper you need to register Maggie. It will have some info that is important to CFA on it but also give you space to fill her fancy registered name. The blue slip can contain a pin number which is only made available if you purchased her with breeding rights.

I might be wrong here, but in order for the breeder to send you the individual kitten's blue slip, she first has to register the litter on her end. If the breeder was slow to do that and then CFA is slower to get the paperwork processed, that could be the hold up. Also, what sort of contract did you sign? Some breeders will only send the blue slip AFTER you send them proof of spay/neuter from your vet.

The blue slip is fun so you can register her fancy name. You would also need to register her via the blue slip if you planned on showing her in Premiership (which is the alter class) or Open (which is the class for intact breeding cats). That's probaby why she asked if you planned on showing her.

If Maggie is strictly a companion then you don't actually NEED the blue slip unless you want to save it as another proof of ownership but you probably have a contract/sales agreement to cover that. However, if you paid for a pedigreed, pure bred, REGISTERED Sphynx, then the breeder has an obligation to supply those papers.

• Like Like x 2
        • Maggies mommy

Maggies mommyV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
          $1,100.16
          Ratings:
          +471
          i got no paper work only the vet 1

• pinupcats

pinupcatsLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
          $397.00
          Ratings:
          +21
          I have to agree with all of this. Most breeders register their litters around 2 months of age and get the blue slips back to hand out to the pet owners. Of course there is always exceptions as to why you might not get a blue slip and if that's the case, the breeder should explain. Did you sign a contract with the breeder? Was your girl spayed when you got her? I would say if you didn't sign a contact, then you probably won't get a blue slip, if you did and it states you have to spay your girl, then you'll get the blue slip after you provide proof of her spay.

I spay and neuter all my companion kittens before they are placed. This way, I know they are altered and the pet buyers get the blue slip from them at time of delivery. I don't always give a pedigree unless it's asked for. Some owners are not so interested in pedigrees as they are in the overall health and temperment of the kitten.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you and your kitty.
          Cyndee

• Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
          $137.00
          Ratings:
          +2,011
          Sorry I did not answer your last pm.
          I jsut saw it now.
          Did you get the blue slip that she promised to send the other day?
          If you do not get it by monday go ahead and call TICA again.
          Did the lady from TICA call back yet?