Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Party Tricks

corter

Lairian
I thought I'd share a story with you guys, or more of a prank if you will. Feel free to replicate!

We had a party about a week ago. Now, I'm just out of college, so this was a normal college party~ games, music, nothing crazy but very fun. We have a great big group of designer and musician friends, so it's always a night of sharing new work and talking about geeky art stuff. A friend of mine has a grey cat, he's a normal long hair'd cat. We decided we'd play a bit of a joke on all of our friends, So she brought him to my place, and we hid my grey sphynx in my room. Then we introduced her cat to everyone as my cat.

Later in the evening, we got a whole group of people to play a new board game with us that had a dare element to it. We made sure to be on separate teams, and when my turn came, she was able to ask me the dare. So she screams out "I dare you to shave your cat!"

Obviously, I put up a little bit of a fuss, but ultimately agreed. So I grab her cat, and go into my room and shut the door (I have a bathroom in my room, so I said I'd do it there but to keep the door closed so he can't run out). I turn on my clippers, set them on the rug, and hold up treats to make Gilby meow for me. After about 5 minutes, I shut the clippers off, and get some shaving cream. I put some on his back, then take a pen and scrape some off to make it look like i had actually shaved him. Then I yell out "Guys, can someone get me a paper towel?"

My accomplice goes and gets a paper towel. As soon as she opens the door to "hand it to me", we set Gilby free into the party, keeping her cat in my room. I yell "No! I'm not done yet!" but obviously...he's out and into the other room. I'm not going to go into specific reactions, but let's just say I'm still getting calls and texts from friends who couldn't make it asking if I actually shaved my cat (we never told them it was a switch!)

Gizzymom

Banned
I thought I'd share a story with you guys, or more of a prank if you will. Feel free to replicate!

We had a party about a week ago. Now, I'm just out of college, so this was a normal college party~ games, music, nothing crazy but very fun. We have a great big group of designer and musician friends, so it's always a night of sharing new work and talking about geeky art stuff. A friend of mine has a grey cat, he's a normal long hair'd cat. We decided we'd play a bit of a joke on all of our friends, So she brought him to my place, and we hid my grey sphynx in my room. Then we introduced her cat to everyone as my cat.

Later in the evening, we got a whole group of people to play a new board game with us that had a dare element to it. We made sure to be on separate teams, and when my turn came, she was able to ask me the dare. So she screams out "I dare you to shave your cat!"

Obviously, I put up a little bit of a fuss, but ultimately agreed. So I grab her cat, and go into my room and shut the door (I have a bathroom in my room, so I said I'd do it there but to keep the door closed so he can't run out). I turn on my clippers, set them on the rug, and hold up treats to make Gilby meow for me. After about 5 minutes, I shut the clippers off, and get some shaving cream. I put some on his back, then take a pen and scrape some off to make it look like i had actually shaved him. Then I yell out "Guys, can someone get me a paper towel?"

My accomplice goes and gets a paper towel. As soon as she opens the door to "hand it to me", we set Gilby free into the party, keeping her cat in my room. I yell "No! I'm not done yet!" but obviously...he's out and into the other room. I'm not going to go into specific reactions, but let's just say I'm still getting calls and texts from friends who couldn't make it asking if I actually shaved my cat (we never told them it was a switch!)

PERFECT!!!! LOLOLOLOL :Hysterical::Hysterical:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Really funny.
I have been thinking about a way to use darwin for a practical joke some time but haven't come up with a good enough idea yet.
Also everyone I know hear about him all the time so it's gonna have to be outside my immediate circle of friends.

When I showed them this weekend a dad and his son came to our cage, the son who didn't look like a whimp was about 8-9 years old asked.
"What is that?"
"It's a space monster I caught."
I told him with a wink to his dad.
The son took two steps back and started to cry though and a woman from my club told me not to scare the children. :LOL::Hysterical:

Dad took it well though and went down on one knee to tell the little squirt that it was just a joke and it is a hairless cat. He ended up petting Darwin and they thanked for the look and petting session and went on.

Last edited:
Back