Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Paw in the mouth! Yum!

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
Oliver is my hairless sphynx, but his brother is still coated. I think this makes Oliver very mushy & extra attached to me because he's always trying to get warm next to me. One problem during our cuddling is that he is constantly trying to stick his paw in my face/mouth. I don't know if he is doing this for attention or if he is just stretching out his legs, but my other kitty, Morris, doesn't do this at all. Sometimes he even puts his paw ontop of my hand when I'm typing at the computer. He will even come and put his hand on my mouth when I am talking on the phone. Do any other kitties do the same thing?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi DonSphynxMom and welcome! That is so funny I guess he doesn't want you talking to any one but him:Laugh:
I don't think ours do it on purpose but the other morning I was trying to sleep in A bit and woke up with Athena's paw in my mouth:Hysterical: I think she was trying to get under the covers and I didn't let her in so she curled up on my pillow.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie has done that a few times. Not consistently though- that is funny! :LOL:

Talk to the paw!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
It is cute but I must say I don't love the taste of paw! and I can't help but to think how long ago it was used to cover up poop!:Woo:

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
I have to agree with Ilovemysphynx! Eventhough both my kitties are trained to use the toilet, their paws are still stinky! I've come to the conclusion that they enjoy giving me a smack in my face once in a while - especially when I am not paying them any attention. Lol. The action is a sign of him demanding my attention, but when I can't give him any or I am busy working on the computer I will put him under my shirt to see if he will calm down. Regardless, his little arms will be shooting up out of my shirt collar and I STILL get a paw in my mouth! Sphynxs = NEVER GIVE UP & DEMAND MORE ATTENTION. Annnnoyyyiiiiinnnnggggg. :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with Ilovemysphynx! Eventhough both my kitties are trained to use the toilet, their paws are still stinky! I've come to the conclusion that they enjoy giving me a smack in my face once in a while - especially when I am not paying them any attention. Lol. The action is a sign of him demanding my attention, but when I can't give him any or I am busy working on the computer I will put him under my shirt to see if he will calm down. Regardless, his little arms will be shooting up out of my shirt collar and I STILL get a paw in my mouth! Sphynxs = NEVER GIVE UP & DEMAND MORE ATTENTION. Annnnoyyyiiiiinnnnggggg. :LOL:

Wow both potty trained! You are good! Can you get them to flush?

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
ilovemysphynx, we have one of those hardcore flushers at the back of the toilet. i'm laughing trying to imagine oliver's 5 pounds pulling it down! hahahahaha! he'd just hang there! so i haven't even bothered. have you trained yours to flush?

Hunters Mommy

Lairian
Hunter does the same thing too! He'll put his paws on my hands or touch my face or tap my shoulder. If I'm holding him on my lap he'll grab my face with both paws and smell my face. He's obsessed with how things smell, if I'm holding him and talking to someone he tries to stick his whole head in my mouth. Or if you open your mouth in front of him he'll smell your breath and always makes what we call "Lion Face" where he curls up his top lip alittle and opens his mouth alittle, it's adorable!! He has a really bad habit of grabbing my leg and giving it a bear-hug and wraps himself around my leg, cute but difficult to walk especially up stairs. Gosh I love that darn cat!

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
hunters mommy,
hehe. all of the things you told me sound like how my kitties act too. curious lil things. they smell everything! i was cleaning the toilet with ajax and morris was trying to get a wiff of that even! of course i took him away from the bathroom, but it's so funny to watch the desperate measures they reach to sniff something! yes! they love morning breath! don't know why! lol!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I thought my Leo was just strange! He too is always smelling things it is so funny you can hear his sniff sniff sound and see his nose move in and out! I think it is just so cute!:Wink:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I keep thinking Soph is going to ruin her nose with the things she tries to smell- isn't it sensitive? She got super close to nail polish remover the other day. You don't have to be thatclose to sniff it!

Brooke

Banned
I keep thinking Soph is going to ruin her nose with the things she tries to smell- isn't it sensitive? She got super close to nail polish remover the other day. You don't have to be thatclose to sniff it!

:LOL::LOL: Walter did the same thing with my buffalo chicken wings!! You should have seen the look on his face!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho is huge on her paw. She will put it on my face, on my mouth. She even holds it out like she wants me to kiss it. Sadly I comply pretty quick...boy she has me trained good:Wink:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hehehe! I guess Sphynxies love toxic fumes!

I was laughing to myself this afternoon because there's a pamphlet in the Cat Attract litter which I know some on here use and have seen. Anyway it talks about cat behavior and says to keep litter clean as cats sense of smell is 100o times better than humans.

Now, why do they get so close to things so stinky!? and toxic!? :LOL::LOL:

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
loool heather im telling you they love it and then they shake their heads and paws like "whoooaa that was strong" shake it out! they're so cute n silly i wish i knew why they do half the crazy things they do

Back