Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pedda had a seizure.

MikkiJean

Lairian
Scary that you don't know why it happened, but good that Pedda is home and well. I hope you continue to hear only good news when the other results come back

I have been sick and not on the net much for the past couple of days, so just catching up. Very startled when I saw this thread!

I am glad to hear vet has not found anything serious with Pedda. Poor girl. Hopefully it is something that never happens again.

Are your nerves at ease a little bit now?

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are your nerves at ease a little bit now?

Aww, hope you're feeling better dreaming. I feel better cause I know there isn't a brain tumor or something that would make me have to pts in the near future. But on the other hand I kinda feel like a time bomb, waiting for it to explode again (if it ever does). But at least having a seizure now and then is treatable and not life-threatening so I do feel much better about that.

jovanna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank goodness Pedda is feeling better. I hope you two never have to go through this ordeal again. She is lucky to have such a loving, caring momma looking after her.

susi794

Staff member
I know how frustrating no diagnosis is---but maybe it truly is a one time thing. Am praying that is so anyway.
Much love from us to you,
Susi and the gang

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Oh wow,,I've missed alot!! I'm so sorry to hear of Pedda's episode. I'm glad she is well and back at home. Hopefully its just a weird one time occurance. You and pedda are in our thoughts and prayers!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear Pedda is healthy and home. I hope the other test results come back clear.

Pbinky

Banned
I just caught on to this thread now and I'm so sorry that this has happened to Pedda. It's fantastic news that there are no signs of serious illness. Epilepsy wouldn't be such great news so let's just hope and pray that this is a one time occurrence. I have to take anti seizure meds and they have nasty side effects:ThumbsDown:
Pbinky, Skinny and I are keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Pedda!
:Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad to hear that Pedda is back home. The lack of a specific diagnosis can be frustrating, but at least you do know that she doesn't have a more serious condition that caused the seizure. My heartfelt love and well wishes go out to you both. I hope this is the last seizure she ever has.

KushielsTart

Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a horrible weekend! I can't imagine dealing with that. It's wonderful that you have such a good vet to take care of you guys.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Got the results of the outstanding tests today. Everything came back fine, no sign of infection anywhere. This weekend was good, no seizures or anything unusual. I sure hope it doesn't happen again and I'm so relieved something horrendous isn't wrong.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So glad everything is going well for you and Pedda! Hoping it never happens again and this was just a one time thing. By the tests it sure sounds like everything is going to be fine:ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
wow,,,hope your nerves can settle now knowing her blood work came back good. I hope it was just a one time thing and all is well from here on out!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh gosh Marlene! How scary!! This is my first time seeing the thread. I'm glad to hear Pedda's tests all came back negative- what a blessing. but i know, not knowing, is very scary. Smart Kitty-Momma for taking him ASAP! and what a wonderful vet for taking him home for better observation.

Good luck, and hopefully no more episodes

Back