Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

SphynxMama22

Lairian
Doom recently got his cone of shame removed after a surgery. We noticed his face getting dirtier than usual while wearing the cone. We wiped him down a few times, but it didn't seem too bad. The day we took off the cone (day staples were removed) my husband bathed him. We use coconut oil and some pet shampoo.

The next day we noticed his face was peeling pretty badly. He often seeks out sun, but most of our windows have been covered in the past week. My husband thought it might have something to do with the new coconut oil. I'm assuming it's some sort of sunburn. We're going to try and show the vet the photos tomorrow. What do you guys think?

16fefd1a8a9949558f3a78ea29cd817a.jpg

Thanks!
My sphynx has the same issue I'll give him a bath and by the next day he has this brown almost like skin all over his face neck and feet.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SphynxMama22 welcome to the lair family! hope you can share a pic and an introduction thread of your boy :)

feel free to post a separate thread with his brown like skin after bathing.... many times some shampoos are hard to rinse so they get brown quickly again.... a pic will help us to chime in with some help :)

IanTheSupreme

Lairian
My sphynx has the same issue I'll give him a bath and by the next day he has this brown almost like skin all over his face neck and feet.
I'm having the exact same issue! My buddy started getting brown peeling on his head after a bath! We managed to get a little off cuz we thought it was dirt but he seemed to get irritated. Did you ever get the problem fixed?

Natka58

Lairian
I realize that it’s been a while from original post. Could be helpful for someone else. This is a skin burn, when the cat scratches it’s skin against something. Often happens to dames when they are in hear and rub against furniture, carpets etc… cone of shame can do it too. It’s not dangerous at all and gently rubbing it off with a wet cotton ball will scrape it off. Leaving it alone is fine too

Natka58

Lairian
I realize that it’s been a while from original post. Could be helpful for someone else. This is a skin burn, when the cat scratches it’s skin against something. Often happens to dames when they are in hear and rub against furniture, carpets etc… cone of shame can do it too. It’s not dangerous at all and gently rubbing it off with a wet cotton ball will scrape it off. Leaving it alone is fine too

Back