Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pencil Sketches

firehillqueen

Banned
I have decided to offer simple pencil portraits of Sphynx cats for Sphynx Lair members. I will scan the sketch and email a digital file for $25 payable through Paypal. This way there is no shipping cost. The image can be used directly on your computer/ website or printed either at home or by a print company on the paper
(and size ) of your choice.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's Great!...I will PM you soon!:ThumbsUp:Our Linguini will be coming home tonight (my husband left at 5am-6hr drive) so I would love a pencil sketch of him!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Pencil sketch idea is great!!! Would it be possible to have the original sketch at all? It will be worth more when your rich and famous!!! lol
I was wondering what painting sizes you offer, what paint options we have if we want to buy a painting (oil, acryllic, watercolor?) and what prices you offer.

Your work is absolutley gorgeous and I look forward to owning a peice or two from you!

firehillqueen

Banned
I can do anything the client wishes. I haven't set up a price list because I am offering special prices for Sphynx Lair. The price is set by the size of the canvas plus shipping.

In the real world I am a book cover artist. Some months are just too busy to do individual orders, others are slow. I never know what my schedule will bring.

Years ago I switched over to creating my art digitally just to be able to keep up with the current trends. Plus, it saves me and the client time and money. I rarely do hands on oil/acrylics or water colors. I still sketch pencil drawing then scan them to paint or shade them with my computer drawing tablet. Then I will send the finished painting file to a professional printer who prints them off on museum grade custom canvas. No, they are not special effects done just by computer programs. This is still real art. The difference is in the time to produce the painting and the money saved by this method of production. Instead of it taking months to do an oil painting a client can have it hanging on their wall in a week.

firehillqueen

Banned
Recent sketches sample

catsketchsamples1.jpg

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Count me in. I want a simple pencil sketch of Kika with the only color being his eyes. I will get with you soon. OH BOY.:BigSmile::BigSmile:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can do anything the client wishes. I haven't set up a price list because I am offering special prices for Sphynx Lair. The price is set by the size of the canvas plus shipping.

In the real world I am a book cover artist. Some months are just too busy to do individual orders, others are slow. I never know what my schedule will bring.

Years ago I switched over to creating my art digitally just to be able to keep up with the current trends. Plus, it saves me and the client time and money. I rarely do hands on oil/acrylics or water colors. I still sketch pencil drawing then scan them to paint or shade them with my computer drawing tablet. Then I will send the finished painting file to a professional printer who prints them off on museum grade custom canvas. No, they are not special effects done just by computer programs. This is still real art. The difference is in the time to produce the painting and the money saved by this method of production. Instead of it taking months to do an oil painting a client can have it hanging on their wall in a week.

And its better for the enviroment!!!! I am also very interested. Do we send you a photo and then you copy it? or do we send a few photos and you come up with your own pose?

Adventures of A Naked Cat

ckutkuhn7

Banned

Awesome!! Thanks for explaining your process.
I'll get with you soon in regards to a peice I may want. Thanks again!:ThumbsUp:

firehillqueen

Banned
To get a good likeness takes a good photo. One with the pose you like or several so I can work up a new picture. Like people, Sphynx cats have such unusual features that reflect subtle expression unique to each individual. I think that is why I had never attempted painting a Sphynx cat before. Only their owners know each one is not cut from a pattern that makes them look alike. Not only are their personalities diverse, their eyes, wrinkles and expressions vary to make each and every one of them extraordinary.

firehillqueen

Banned
if you can get them all in a photo I can put them on paper LOL seriously, it depends on the size of the family and how big the paper is ... heheh

susi794

Staff member
Susie you are so awesome!! I am soooo jealous!!!

I breed--have had as many as 16 (including kittens) at one time--now that was a handful! Right now I have six adults and am patiently waiting for my beautiful boy, Boo to sire his first litter. Miss having babies running about...
But sometimes I am jealous of all of you--when you have 6 you don't often get to buy all the cute clothes and take the cats everywhere you go....when I see some cute little outfit for $15, I can't just get it--I have to get 6 of them--$15 is so much easier to come up with than $90. Or like getting a statuette painted or a pencil sketch done--which one do I choose to capture in a piece of art? I love them all--with my whole heart. I can't do for one and not the other. So, most of the time, nobody gets the cute little outfit--but we might get a big, fuzzy blankie that we can all cuddle up in together instead....so we might not be the most stylin' cats around, but we are some of the cuddlingest!

I love them all--with my whole heart. I can't do for one and not the other. So, most of the time, nobody gets the cute little outfit--but we might get a big, fuzzy blankie that we can all cuddle up in together instead....so we might not be the most stylin' cats around, but we are some of the cuddlingest!

No different than human children! We do not want to leave anyone out or hurt anyone's feelings!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I breed--have had as many as 16 (including kittens) at one time--now that was a handful! Right now I have six adults and am patiently waiting for my beautiful boy, Boo to sire his first litter. Miss having babies running about...
But sometimes I am jealous of all of you--when you have 6 you don't often get to buy all the cute clothes and take the cats everywhere you go....when I see some cute little outfit for $15, I can't just get it--I have to get 6 of them--$15 is so much easier to come up with than $90. Or like getting a statuette painted or a pencil sketch done--which one do I choose to capture in a piece of art? I love them all--with my whole heart. I can't do for one and not the other. So, most of the time, nobody gets the cute little outfit--but we might get a big, fuzzy blankie that we can all cuddle up in together instead....so we might not be the most stylin' cats around, but we are some of the cuddlingest!

You are a good mommy!

firehillqueen

Banned
I haven't forgotten about the questions about pencil sketches. I am giving that issue a lot of thought and will get a price list together for those who are interested. I had to rethink my idea since most people want the original sketch, not the digital file.

Back