Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Peruvian Inca Orchid

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was watching Dogs 101 when they did a story on the Peruvian Inca Orchid dogs. One of those would make the perfect companion to Butternuts. I want one! No offense to the Chinese Crested lovers out there but I want an Inca Orchid! They were used as mail men in the ancient Inca world. They delivered messages between Inca settlements.

Anyone familiar with this breed?

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmm, video disappeared. I hope I didn't break the rules. I certainly didn't mean to. Just search Inca Orchid on Youtube for the video.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
El Gato, I have a friend on Facebook who has a Peruvian hairless dog....you may know him, he lives in Italy. He also owns three sphynx cats. If you're interested, I can PM you his name so you can "friend" him and get more info on this breed from him.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi All! I have 2 Chinese Cresteds, & they are great! The Xolo is another hairless breed, along with the Peruvian Inca Orchid. I do not know laot about the Xolo or Peruvian except that they are a more primitive dog breed, & require a knowledgeable owner. Since the Peruvian is considered a Peruvian national treasure, I would expect them to be rather hard to find & very expensive. Definitely do a web search, & you will find lots of cool info. As for my cresteds, they are also a bit different from my other dogs. They have a hare foot rather than a typical canine foot - it is somewhat elongated, & one of my cresties actually could climb a fence & carry bones in his paw. The canine teeth actually curve forward, & are referred to as tusks. Really cool, sweet little guys!!!

Gizzymom

Banned
American Hairless Terriers are different, and in my opinion way cuter than the Inca Orchids!

I agree!!! My friend has an American Hairless Terrier.... and she is adorable!! The Inca tends to have some "stray hairs" that kind of make it look like it has mange... Sort of like the xoloitzcuintli (mexican hairless), but not as bad. The AHT is BALD!
No fuzz.... just skin. Really cool. Let me see if she can email me a pic and I will post.

Gizzymom

Banned
I kept trying to remember to post this... and now I did...

This is a pic of my friend's AHT (american hairless terrier). Her name is Allie (short for Allopecia)... such a sweetie... and in my opinion... cuter than the peruvian or the xolo..

100_0769.jpg

:Laugh:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
I kept trying to remember to post this... and now I did...

This is a pic of my friend's AHT (american hairless terrier). Her name is Allie (short for Allopecia)... such a sweetie... and in my opinion... cuter than the peruvian or the xolo..

View attachment 2077

:Laugh:

Thanks for sharing that! She's so cute! Makes me soooo impatient to pick my girl up!!

Back