Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pet Insurance

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy Saturday Everyone ..

With Toothless's gotcha day getting closer and having had to go to the vet with Elfie just 2 weeks ago; I've really been thinking about about pet insurance.

I'm wondering what everyone else uses; or just thoughts on insurance in general.

Thanks!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I did get insurance for Max (bought the night before Gotcha Day).

I just wanted the peace of mind in case something big comes up.

I went with Pet Plan. Info below for Max.

Bronze plan Details
Veterinary fees
$8,000
Deductible
$200
Reimbursement level
80 %
monthly premium
$19.79

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I did get insurance for Max (bought the night before Gotcha Day).

I just wanted the peace of mind in case something big comes up.

I went with Pet Plan. Info below for Max.

Bronze plan Details
Veterinary fees
$8,000
Deductible
$200
Reimbursement level
80 %
monthly premium
$19.79

Why did you choose this company instead of Trupanion or someone else? I have insurance for Sera and Odin and I am paying $75 a month. I did the get a quote thing and it said it would be 14 something for Sera. Also they have multi pet discounts as well as a military discount for serving and veterans!!!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I choose VPI . Coverage and cost were actually cheaper per month and more coverage then others. I pay 18 dollars for the Sphynx Hairy and 28 for the Dog Ben ( who has his wellness included that cost normal 400 a year ) , both with a deductible of I belive 150. And I believe they pay 90% .

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Why did you choose this company instead of Trupanion or someone else? I have insurance for Sera and Odin and I am paying $75 a month. I did the get a quote thing and it said it would be 14 something for Sera. Also they have multi pet discounts as well as a military discount for serving and veterans!!!

I did a bunch of research and phoned the various companies. I got the best vibe from Pet Plan especially since they cover hereditary medical issues. They just seemed no nonsense. I almost went with Trupanion but something I can't put my finger on put me off of them.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Happy Saturday Everyone ..

With Toothless's gotcha day getting closer and having had to go to the vet with Elfie just 2 weeks ago; I've really been thinking about about pet insurance.

I'm wondering what everyone else uses; or just thoughts on insurance in general.

Thanks!
I found a few more threads on pet insurance -
http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/pet-health-insurance.27594/#post-334182
http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/pet-insurance.29083/
http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/credit-card-for-vet-expenses.28941/#post-349956

Calicocious

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have Trupanion for my two. No limits and with a $250 deductible it's $48 a month for me. I chose them for a couple reasons, no limits on reimbursements and it's the company my vet office has dealt with the most. They recommended them. I'll be putting in my first claim so we'll see how that goes. I wish I had purchased right away instead of waiting so some issues we had with Samara won't be covered. I feel better for having it. I also have a care credit card for them too. Most emergency vets here accept it and my vets office does. Between the two I feel that in an emergency or any other health situation I can say yes to whatever is needed without worrying about finances.

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have Pet Plan, too. I haven't had a claim yet, though. You're doing the right thing buying early, before any preexisting conditions can be diagnosed. Premiums seem to go WAY up as the cat gets old, but there's nothing I can do about that now. I will keep it for as long as I can.

Back