Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Photoshoot - my 1st experience with Sphynx

Marinka

Lairian
Hy guys! Im so excited, couldn't wait to share with you this news! SO as some of you know I've decided just to start saving for my kitten. Unfortunately both ladies I've been contacting about adoption never wrote/called me back so I'm considering as a sigh to just not rush and stick to my plan. Which was save money from photoshoots Im doing. Im a portrait photographer, but had an idea of contacting Maryland breeders and write them with my proposition to shoot their cats for web sites. A week ago this lady called me and I couldn't be happier. First of finally meet Sphynx cats in real life and second to have an exprience of shooting pets, which I have never done before :Woo:
And today was that happy day when I had a shoot with kittens. We talked about kittens and she promised to keep me in mind when I will be ready to get my dream cat. :BigSmile:
Ok, so what can I say...I've been desiring to get this kind of cat for so long but now, after meeting them in real life, I want one 10 million times more! They are incredible (Which you already know hahah) they are so playfull, with different personalities, they were very friendly with me that even Mrs. Gloria was surprised. She said they never were so friendly and excepting before with any one which made me happy too:BigSmile:
I took pictures and left full of joy of spending my day around these unique creatures!
Now can't stop looking at the photos lol
Here are few pics I did.
Sphynx_I.jpg

Sphynx_II.jpg

Sphynx_III.jpg

Sphynx_IV.jpg

Sphyn_V.jpg

Sphynx_VI.jpg

Sorry for the ugly water marks, after hearing about scamming and other sh*t I had to do this.
Hope everyone is well.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh those are awesome pics!! I am glad you had fun!! I cant wait till you do get one!!

Marinka

Lairian
Thank you! I can't wait too, but gotta be patient (which usually im not) lol It will happen when its time i guess ;)

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
REDICULOUSLY CUTE!! lol good job!

i have a few friends who are photographers (one quit his job as a stock broker trader whatever lol to do weddings and whatnot and makes more money!)

I have NO photographic skill but from what i see of my friends shoots i would go for some more backlighting (no idea what the term is lol) to get rid of harsh shadows and give depth to the subject

I do love your composure tho :) and the chair is an awesome prop esp for little nakeds lol

Marinka

Lairian
Thanks so much apcolleen! I know about shadows. I really thought we would be somewhere near the window so i could use the natural lighting (which I prefer and use most of the time) so i had only my flash on, didn't grab any back lights. My husband said the same thing :( and it was first time to do "still life"/pets. I will improve, I promise :D
Chair is so cute and I got it very accidentaly in GoodWill. Right after lady called me to plan when i should come over to shoot I went to the goodwill to look for stuff (im hoping to find there old dresses, props for my shoots) and I see this chair going "awww so cute" So it was perfect deal right before the shoot ;)

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Beautiful work!!!! I especially like the photos of the kitty laying on his back all stretched out, and the big yawn :BigSmile: And I'm SOOO glad you finally got to be around sphynxies!! YAYYYYY!!! Aren't they the best?

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Those are great pictures!! Believe me I know how hard it is to photograph them! I think I maybe have two photos of him actually looking at the camera!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The pictures are great.
To bad you do not live out here or I would have you take show pics of my cats.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
These pictures are beautiful. I LOVE them. I am so glad that you got to hang out with the sphynx. Try and be patient you will get a sphynx soon!!

Marinka

Lairian
Beautiful work!!!! I especially like the photos of the kitty laying on his back all stretched out, and the big yawn :BigSmile: And I'm SOOO glad you finally got to be around sphynxies!! YAYYYYY!!! Aren't they the best?

Thanks a bunch! Im SOOO happy too! They are def the best! I don't understand how some one Can not like them. So unique and so soft..you just wanna touch them, pet them and kiss them :BigSmile:

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
rock on about the chair ! lol

oh good i dont feel so bad critiquing your work seeing as how you were expecting different conditions and your husband agrees heh. But still great shots! and yeah im not patient either

susi794

Staff member
The pix look great! You pulled out some great poses! I know that special little sphynx is looking everywhere for you--you'll find each other when it's meant to be. Until then, start saving for the kitten and all the stuff you'll need for him/her and just enjoy the whole going to get a baby experience.

Marinka

Lairian
rock on about the chair ! lol

oh good i dont feel so bad critiquing your work seeing as how you were expecting different conditions and your husband agrees heh. But still great shots! and yeah im not patient either

:Wink: thanks. I know right,... i always want all and now lol

GioThermal

Lairian
Wow! You are a natural at photographing Sphynx's! I'm in IL... I don't know how far away you are. I'm not a "breeder" but I will hopefully experience my first litter of kittens in about 7 months. We are planning on breeding Nyiah. I would let you photograph Gio and Nyiah any day! Your pictures are amazing for your first experience. PM me if you are interested in one of her kittens. :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Marinka

Lairian
The pix look great! You pulled out some great poses! I know that special little sphynx is looking everywhere for you--you'll find each other when it's meant to be. Until then, start saving for the kitten and all the stuff you'll need for him/her and just enjoy the whole going to get a baby experience.

Thank you! and you are so right about "when its meant to be", husband says the same thing. It def will be a nice experience

Bella07

Banned
Those photos are wonderful! Their personality's really shine through in each picture!! You should have just brought an extra extra big purse and stuck some of those cuties in your bag.......:Wink::LOL:

Marinka

Lairian
Those photos are wonderful! Their personality's really shine through in each picture!! You should have just brought an extra extra big purse and stuck some of those cuties in your bag.......:Wink::LOL:

LOLOL!
Thank you so much! Its amazing how each of them already has a personality. They are about 4-6 months i think. She is keeping all of them :Woo:

holly_savage

Banned
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth into this thread, those pictures are stunning, shadows and all, it adds a little something different than your standard professional shots. I think these are amazing. Good work and look forward to seeing more of your work.

Back