Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pick up day on Sunday!!! Litter box area?

Catstuff

Lairian
I'm so excited to bring my boy home on Sunday ! . . I have a 1 bedroom apartment . I'm having trouble figuring out a location for his litter box. It's between my entry way(you'll see it when you walk in), my bedroom . Or my small shower . . . . What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_9187-1.jpg
    IMG_9187-1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 23

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I dont think the entry way is a good idea as your boy wont really have any privacy which is important I personally think, and the litter box could be the first thing your guests smell when they come over.

Do you have a laundry room?

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree, I think the entry way will be too busy, and that's not what you want to smell the minute you walk in the door. I would suggesting trying to fit it into the bathroom, where you can keep a door almost closed and turn on a fan if necessary. These little guys can be STINKY :)

SupplyPipe28

Lairian
I agree with the ladies. :) For the first week, we kept the litter box in the same room we got Severin settled in and eventually moved it into the laundry room. I would much rather keep it in the bathroom if we had the space, but I think having a bit of privacy is what matters most for our little guy.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Catstuff welcome to sphynxlair. What a handsome and adorable little boy soon will be yours. Do you already know what his name will be?

The bathroom sounds like a good place for the litterbox. The entryhall could be dangerous cause if he's there when you open the door he could run away. Bedroom is also a possibility but only if you're a easy sleeper. When they use the litterbox they can make a lot of noise (digging to China:) and leave a horrible smell.

Natasja

Yoda mom

Staff member
I got some greet ideas online for "litter box hack" or litter box hacks for small spaces had good ideas and pictures

Hidden Litter Boxes

ome simple one I did was a small covered box next to the toilet( measured and shopped with m tape measure)
-I put a Small throw rug over it just to cover top and sides amd something decorative kitty proof on top of it

I also made a litter box window bench with a cushion on top

In the spare bedroom I put a good pet stuff hidden litter box and turned the opening to the side (I did not use the moss it came with- Amd you can hold off on the decorative one it comes with too)

I put the newbies litter box where it will be permanently. I use ome extra box per kitty (1 kitty 2 boxes )
At different locations.

Catstuff

Lairian
I dont think the entry way is a good idea as your boy wont really have any privacy which is important I personally think, and the litter box could be the first thing your guests smell when they come over.

Do you have a laundry room?
True. . . . I don't. . .

Catstuff

Lairian
@Catstuff welcome to sphynxlair. What a handsome and adorable little boy soon will be yours. Do you already know what his name will be?

The bathroom sounds like a good place for the litterbox. The entryhall could be dangerous cause if he's there when you open the door he could run away. Bedroom is also a possibility but only if you're a easy sleeper. When they use the litterbox they can make a lot of noise (digging to China:) and leave a horrible smell.

Natasja
My boys name is Baldwin ! Or cowboy. Thank you. I am a very easy sleeper. But I think I'll opt for the shower since that seems the most private outta the house zone for everyone

Back