Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Picking Kitten up at the airport?

I'm going to have to go alone to pick up my kitten tomorrow so I want to be prepared. The breeder gave me the fight number and time and everything... but I'm just wondering.. where do you pick up the animal? Where will they hold it?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I picked mine up in cargo.
Can you pm me what airline the cat is coming on?
I am having a3rd kitten shipped very soon.
I was told this week but have not heard anything.

susi794

Staff member
One of mine came right into the airport, the other I had to go to a seperate building that received cargo. Call the airport and ask where you will be picking the kit up.

Mine came to the cargo area off a separate road then the main terminal. I got lost and it took me over an hour to find the place. I would definitely call ahead.
Congrats on your new addition I was so excited when I picked up Ernie.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
SO Excited for you!!!!

I would call and verify because it depends on what time they will arrive. If Cargo is closed(like in my case) then the kitten will go into the airport down by the luggage. So I would call to make sure, You dont want to go to the wrong place:Wink:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I talked to her last night and she is going to call them today.

My boy Zodiac was brought from Russia by a courier....so he could travel in the airplane...not in the cargo area....she said that it is not much of a price difference between cargo or a last minute ticket :Smile:
So all i had to do...was go to the airport....look up the right gate....and wait for a phone call from the courier :Wink:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuraut was also at cargo but we called ahead.
Bring some blankets with you, a litter box (in tupperware), some snacks and water , a catnip toy and another carrier or travel bag!
When Nofuratu arrived he had peed and pooped in his carrier, spilled his water and was very cold from being all wet! He was also hungry since his kibbles had all scattered in the poop and water.
We picked him up in Boston and were driving back to NB, Canada so I had all these items with me.
If you are driving alone and your kitten is cold,wet and messy and hungry, the drive home will be easier, even if its a short one, if you know your kitty is safe,warm in a clean travel bag and has had the opportunity to use the potty and fill its tummy!
Best of luck!!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuraut was also at cargo but we called ahead.
Bring some blankets with you, a litter box (in tupperware), some snacks and water , a catnip toy and another carrier or travel bag!
When Nofuratu arrived he had peed and pooped in his carrier, spilled his water and was very cold from being all wet! He was also hungry since his kibbles had all scattered in the poop and water.
We picked him up in Boston and were driving back to NB, Canada so I had all these items with me.
If you are driving alone and your kitten is cold,wet and messy and hungry, the drive home will be easier, even if its a short one, if you know your kitty is safe,warm in a clean travel bag and has had the opportunity to use the potty and fill its tummy!
Best of luck!!
Very good advice!