Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Picking up kitten on Sunday! Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

emilyandsphynx

Lairian
Hello SphynxLair community!

My name is Emily and I'm getting my first Sphynx on Sunday.
I will be getting a 16-week old female, who is coated in full hair! I'd love a naked someday too.

I'm going to meet the kitten on Sunday and there are two females left for me to choose from.
I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want both! Does anyone have advice on whether or not it is a good idea to get 2 kittens at once?

I have been shopping for supplies, which has been a blast! I have all the essentials, but I would love any recommendations on any products that you/ your Sphynx has enjoyed!

Any other tips for the first couple weeks of owning a new kitten would be greatly appreciated. I'm very excited to be a part of this community! I've been reading all the posts on here and it seems like it's a great place to be. I look forward to connecting with you all.

All the best, Emily

ps. I've attached photos of the two girls who I have the option of choosing between. Send any name suggestions over if you've got them!

Attachments

• IMG_6071.jpg
    IMG_6071.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6070.jpg
    IMG_6070.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 29

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! How exciting. Many breeders share that this breed is social and if possible having a buddy is awesome. Just remember it’s double vet bills in the beginning from vaccinations to spaying etc. looking forward to getting to know you and your baby/babies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @emilyandsphynx and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie kitten! Are they an out cross fo some sort? Please enjoy the community! :)

Back