Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Picky Eater/ Winter Blues

Evana

Lairian
Hi sphynx friends - I have some questions and am wondering if anyone else experiences the same things with their sphynx.

After I switched to the adult version of her wet food since she is now a year old, she is less and less interested with her wet food - which is the Chicken Soup for the Cat's Soul brand. She just is not excited about it anymore - and she used to be super excited to eat. I leave out purina one healthy cat for her to eat, and have started topping her wet food with Nature's Variety Raw Chicken - which she loves. She now will only pick out the raw food from the wet and leave the wet food.

I want to make sure she is getting enough good, and am slowly introducing raw so am afraid to give her that all at once. Have any of your sphnx suddenly stopped like their wet food?

She also has seemed a little bit down lately because of the cold - gets cranky if I move her from her heating blanket or under the covers with a squeaky meow, but when it comes to play time she is super active and having fun. So not worried about her being sick really.
IMG_6329.JPG

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have the opposite problem. My girl is perfectly content to eat her raw but if she has kibble put in front of her she acts like a crack addict. True metaphor-not making a joke there.

I think it is awesome that your girl prefers raw! It just means she knows what's good for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy Ritchison

Lairian
I have a very picky eater , my Sinatra is crazy picky . He has tried everything from natural balance wet and dry to Orijen dry to primal freeze dried raw . He loves dry food , but all his wet food I tried he would wet for a day or 2 even the freeze dried raw and then he would turn his nose up at it . I finally found a wet food he loves thanks to @Yoda mom advise , he's now on purina one focus urinary can food 2 times a day and he loves it . He's also on pura vida dry and loves it too finally ! I do know he eats less in winter than summer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Amy Ritchison , :) this is the one my picky crew loves for al out 2 year amd still clean the bowls
Is this the same one Sinatra love ?
@Evana , head kisses sent what. Precious pic!
I have tried Sooo many wet brands - they turn their noses up to all except proplan urinary focus amd omly the chicken flavor and have not tired of it to -date

Keep us posted on the raw

image.jpeg

Last edited:

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine can decide they don't like a food anymore. So then we switch it up, sometimes it takes a few tries. For example, they were eating raw pork fine, then decided they wouldn't touch it any more. So we rotated to deer again and they were fine.

We always keep this on hand - it is like a fish slurry that can be mixed with anything to entice them. It comes in other flavours too, but I like the limited ingredients:
images.jpg
images.jpg

Might be worth a try?