Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Pics of Hobbies outside the catworld?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I do not ahve any pictures but I love to do jigsaw puzzles and play my Wii.
We like to got to festivals also.
I do not know much about what you do.
Nice pics though.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! my Step-Mother used to barrell race too! So cool!

I used to go fishing alot and was 3 times English National Taekwondo Champion but have become slower and lazier as I've got older! LOL!!

Now it's gym once a week, Wii fit twice a week, playing on the XBox and watching films!! OMG I've just read that back and realised I REALLY need to get out more!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

X

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Great horse! I used to ride when I was A kid, my aunt had A horse and I was the only one besides her that could ride him withour being thrown off.
Our daughter keeps begging for riding lessons, I keep saying I will call around but I know that will lead to the never ending begging that she will want her own horse.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow you must be brave to do that! My mum has a horse but I've always been too much of a wuss to get on it! I'm frightened of being thrown off! They are lovely animals though. I love swimming and drawing/painting but I don't do it as much as a used to. I really should take up a new hobby. I used to do everything as a kid - judo, gymnastics, tennis etc. I'm really quite lazy now.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Beautiful horse!

Me I have no hobbies:LOL:I work and take care of my 5 girls:ThumbsUp: Maybe my hobby is getting some sleep, oh I know what my hobby is.... Being on Spynxlair everyday!!!:LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
And cleaning up poop and vomit and litterboxes and making up food and dispensing meds and washing bedding and driving to the vet? Giving baths, cleaning ears, trimming nails, picking up the things they have knocked off the counter for the 50th time today? But also for the purring, the head butting, the push-pull kneading on my already sore from it boobs? Or the fighting to get my place back on the couch or chair EVERY time I get up? Or...or...or...they are my loves--they are my family. I also play on Sphynx Lair with my friends. And I occasionally scrapbook.:LOL:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I build stuff -- here's some photos of a work in progress:

here's what it will look like when done:

Here's a lathe/mill I got for Xmas(my wife rocks!) that I'm still figuring out:

Here's a link to an old project (it's a tazer built from a disposable camera):
electricgloves

Oh yeah, I also Papercraft:

it's a wonder I get any work done:LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Cool stuff! I am extremely not handy with building things....always wished I were better at it.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I try to draw and paint, but I don't get much time for it anymore. I'm not very good but I enjoy it and it relaxes me.

Here's one of mine. A charcoal and chalk picture of a random woman (its wrinkly from one of the kids trying to be helpful and spilling water on it);

I spend my summers travelling to see the Dave Mattthews Band - I will reach my 100th show this summer!
Here are some highlights!

Sound check at Busch Stadium St Louis

Front row at the Bahamas!

Top of Heaven's Amphitheater - gorge, wa

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I like to cross-stitch, word puzzles, and camping!! Guess you'd say I'm a quiet activity type. I'll try to take pics of some of the stitching I've done & post them later.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here is one pic I took of a cross-stitch sampler I made. I couldn't get it to focus really well--my camera is getting old :Dizzy: After reading this string, I realize we have some pretty talented people on this site :ThumbsUp:

Attachments

Wow Cathy, great job!!!! I tried needle point, once. I made a book mark. The front turn out "ok", the back of it was a hot mess. When my grandmother did hers, the back always almost looked like the front so I could tell I needed more practice. haha

Anyone have pics of their other hobbies? Quilting, fishing, drag racing?? I barrel race..
My husbands family is big into Rodeo. My husband John Wayne used to rope and bull ride. His nephew is one of the top team ropers and his niece barrel races a bit. I think I am going to have to go to the Houston rodeo to watch him. I am a city girl so it is a bit outside my experience. I have seen more animals in three years than I ever have.

My hobbies are the kitties, playing hockey and working takes up a lot of time. Good luck with the barrel racing, do you compete a lot?

I build stuff -- here's some photos of a work in progress:

here's what it will look like when done:

Here's a lathe/mill I got for Xmas(my wife rocks!) that I'm still figuring out:

Here's a link to an old project (it's a tazer built from a disposable camera):
electricgloves

Oh yeah, I also Papercraft:

it's a wonder I get any work done:LOL:
Wow a lathe for christmas. I try and use the one at work but don't do so well on it, things usually fly across the room, safety first. Really cool stuff you do, I wish I had that skill. It takes way to long for me to make anything. The robot is really cool.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well mines easy, if your reading this thread, you are a part of my hobby, Sphynxlair!!!:Laugh: