Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pictures of Wrinkles from the TICA show

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
Brooke it was fun.
Susi you should go to a show.
Wrinkles got 2 best of breed and no finals.
One best of breed was only because the other sphynx could not be judged in that ring because his breeder was helping the judge.
This was Wrinkles 2nd show.
Wrinkles breeder does not show.
I started showing last April.
Cleo is a TICA Champion and she needs 25 points to Grand in CFA.
I may not be able to show her anymore because she has been mean ti the judges at the last 2 shows.
She will not be shown again this year.
I talked to her breeder and he suggested I wait 4-5 months and try again then.
If she still acts up then she will not be shown again.

Brooke

Banned
Yes, Susi, you should go! It's definitely cool to check out all the different breeds! I have to admit, when I went I spent the majority of my time with the nakeds, though. You know, just in case you were wondering...:LOL: Some people are really friendly and will talk with you about their cats and others are really snobby...just like in real life.

It smells a little bit like cat pee when you first walk in, but you get used to it...:LOL::LOL: All those unaltered kitties stinkin' up the joint!!

But, if you're breeding, it can be good for you to show your cats for a number of reasons.

Brooke

Banned
M2M, I'm glad you and Wrinkles had fun. She's gaining experience and she's still changing - maybe her points will come when she's older!

I hope Cleo does well next year for you. Does her breeder think she just needs this time to forget about the other cat scratching her in the ring?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are hoping Cleo will forget about being clawed but she may never forget about it.
Her breeder is a judge so I trust him more then most breeders.
He gave me good advice.
Wrinkles is only 5 months now.
Susi it is better for breeders to show.
I hope you will consider showing your cats.
I was asked to teach a new person how to show on sunday.
The entry clerk asked if I would help this lady.

Brooke

Banned
M2M, Cleo's breeder was judging at the last TICA show I went to. I'm pretty sure he was judging at the one we had here a couple of weekends ago, too.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He might have been.
I have not looked at the judges names for the shows on the east coast.

gizmo6370

Banned
@Susi.......i'm not sure if you should show.....you have at the moment 10 cats at home....if one of them catch anything at the show....maybe they all gonna be sick....look what happend to Cleo at show.....
I don't want to tell you what to do.....it's just a tip :Wink:

susi794

Staff member
@Susi.......i'm not sure if you should show.....you have at the moment 10 cats at home....if one of them catch anything at the show....maybe they all gonna be sick....look what happend to Cleo at show.....
I don't want to tell you what to do.....it's just a tip :Wink:

On Facebook, several of my friends have made just this point--about people showing sick cats, then bringing it home with their own cat. I have a very closed operation--have my own stud. I don't stud him out--keep exposure to other cats at a minimum. My cats are all healthy and I would really like to keep it that way. I want my cats to represent well, and I understand the benefits of having a champion--but not sure that outweighs the health risks.
That having been said, I'd like to at least attend a show and see for myself.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
M2M, Wrinkles looks so cute, especially in her little sweater. I'm glad that she did so well in the show ring!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My Oreo has what Cleo has now.
She went to the vet yesterday.
Things like that can happen but I have talked to some breeders and they said it is better to show.

Back