Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pierre Mauled By A Dog

Allison

Lairian
If you saw my Christmas card in the main forum you would have seen Pierre is wearing a cone. The full sorry story with more pictures can be found at our Sphynx Cat blog.

In short Pierre sneaked into the neighbours back yard while no one was watching. Luckily the dogs there were more playful than vicious, but the outcome has been drastic and terrible to say the least.

sphynx-kitten-pierre-dog-attack-3.JPG

After $2k in vets bills and counting, the moral of this story is that the naughty ones are definitely the ones to watch (even tie up in the house!)

susi794

Staff member
Glad he's on the mend. It just seems like there are so many things out there waiting to hurt these gentle little angels...:Cry:
Grrrrrrr! It makes me so mad! :Angry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Allison,

So sorry to hear about Pierre...that sounds terrible! I'm glad to hear that he's on the mend, though; hopefully he'll be feeling better and back to his old self soon.

Most can't see this in my pics, but Piglet has a couple of large scars on her back from being attacked by a mean Peterbald cat her former owners were fostering (this happened long before I got her). I think I remember her former owner telling me it took about $2K in vet bills to fix her up. Thank goodness that she's all better now and that the attack hasn't affected her naturally friendly personality....she still loves other cats, dogs, and people despite what happened to her.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is horrible! Very sorry to hear about Pierre. Hope he recovers soon! Get well buddy.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh poor Pierre, hopefully he learned not to sneak out anymore and to stay in the "safe" indoors! Hope he has a speedy recovery

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is such a shame for Pierre and you too with all the worry and bills to pay! I hope he feels better soon.

Back