Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Piglet goes to a fancy dinner in downtown Denver!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Actually, the American Humane Association's Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, which was held at the beautiful Westin Hotel in downtown Denver last Saturday. The dinner, which was sponsored by PetCo and some other big name pet organizations, was given to honor and appreciate the Denver area therapy team volunteers. Piglet and I attended the event, along with my boyfriend Terry, who came along to support us. There was over 200 people there in ****tail attire, along with 64 therapy dogs, 1 other therapy cat besides Piglet, and even a therapy guinea pig.

Piglet was amazing throughout the whole three-hour event...she's the only cat I know that can attend a gala event and socialize with everybody there more than I do! I will post some links to some photos of the dinner; you can see pictures of Piglet and I (Piglet looks great in her Christmas dress! Me, not so much..very bad photo angles) in the first few slides of each link. Steven Dale, a reknown pet columnist who emceed the dinner, had some very nice things to say about sphynx cats in his blog:

From Steve Dale's Pet World blog:

American Humane Association Animal Assisted Therapy Volunteer Appreciation - Steve Dale's Pet World

American Humane Association:

Volunteer Appreciation Dinner

I hope you all will enjoy the photos! Piglet and I are trying to do our part to show people that sphynx cats rule! :ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is Great!!!!!
You are proof female cats are great!!!!
I hate that people always bash the girls and never give them a chance.
My friend Susan only had boys and I talked to her into to giving a girl a chance.
Stellaluna has become her favorite sphynx.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is Great!!!!!
You are proof female cats are great!!!!
I hate that people always bash the girls and never give them a chance.
My friend Susan only had boys and I talked to her into to giving a girl a chance.
Stellaluna has become her favorite sphynx.

I agree, M2M, female cats are great! Although the male cats are nice, too, I've always had closer bonds with the females.

I've noticed that most of the therapy animals in our program, whether they be dogs or cats, are female...makes one wonder...hmmm??? Piglet was so patient, social, and accommodating at this event, I almost forgot that she's a cat!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice.
Looks like you had an awesome night!

What did she get for dinner?
I hope not the Guinea pig. :Hysterical:
ROFL! :LOL::LOL: The therapy animals that attended the dinner were considered to be "on duty", so they did not eat, although the hotel did provide water bowls and pet beds. The people had a nice chicken or vegetarian dinner, so the guinea pig was safe. :Wink:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a cool experience for Piglet!! You both look stunning... and she is, by far, the coolest "therapist" in the group!!! Congrats, Piglet!!!:ThumbsUp:
Piglet, you ROCK!! Way to represent little one! You both looked great and I'm sure were the coolest ones there.
I agree, Gizzysmom and Susi, Piglet was the coolest one there! But we aren't biased, are we??? LOL! :LOL::LOL:

I think Steve Dale thought so, too, because he kept making references to Piglet and Sphynx cats throughout his whole presentation. :BigSmile: He told me during the cok-tail portion of the evening that he owns a Devon Rex, so he appreciates the Sphynx breed a lot.

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hooray for Piglet! I admire what the two of you do so much. Keep up the great work and thanks for representing the Sphynx peeps in such a positive light.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you everybody for your kind words. Sorry I haven't replied sooner. As helpful Piglet is with the therapy work, she is destructive with electronics...she broke my laptop by laying on the keyboard this week. :Cry: It's very awkward typing with the on-screen keyboard. I'll need to buy a new laptop as soon as I can afford it.:Sad: