Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Piglet in action during an animal therapy visit!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just thought you all would like to see some pics of Piglet during a visit at the nursing home:

She's so calm and gentle with the residents. I'm so proud of her every week we go to visit!

P.S. I apologize for the poor photo quality...my cell phone camera really sucks and I'm not the best photographer on top of that!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aww that is wonderful! it brought tears to my eyes, of course my hormones are crazy right now but i'm so proud of Piglet.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, don't feel bad, lovinsphynx. I get teary eyed, too, sometimes while we're visiting!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everybody! Piglet and I will continue to visit as long as there's a need for us to be there!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There will always be a need. I wish my two were more social. Somedaymaybe I can get another that is as social as my Willow was. I would be very interested in the therapy program.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Piglet and Haji would take the nursing home by storm!
Here's my man in action... not officially certified, but maybe I should look into it....
102_3784.JPG

102_3785.JPG

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Both Piglet & Haji's pics gave me a warm feeling! That's sooo great that you let your animals spread a little sunshine!!:ThumbsUp:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is soo cool! Its such a good thing your doing! When I was a kid I used to go visit the elderly homes with my mom(she worked there) and they loved the attention! It helps them feel so much better!!! Kudos to you and Piglet!!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so happy for Piglet and Haji! I agree that this was so touching. That is just so cool that you both are able to bring happiness to these individuals with the beautiful babies you both have. The pictures are great! Can't wait to hear more about their visits. :Smile:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I sent an email to the delta society person here in wisconsin... they have pet partners team training once a month. Definitely something to look into!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I sent an email to the delta society person here in wisconsin... they have pet partners team training once a month. Definitely something to look into!

That would be so cool to do...I don't know if Abby would be good for that though...she doesn't like to sit still very often, she is usualy running around...

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is so awesome. I wish Lemmy was calm enough to do something like that. I work in a nursing home and the residents really love the animals coming in. Way to go guys!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

That's great! :ThumbsUp: Best of luck to you and Haji in getting trained and registered in your state!

That would be so cool to do...I don't know if Abby would be good for that though...she doesn't like to sit still very often, she is usualy running around...

The Delta Society recommends that cats and dogs be at least a year old before going through training to become therapy animals, mostly because young animals are just too hyper to make good therapy animals. Also, kittens and puppies have still-developing immune systems that are more susceptible to catching illnesses and infections. I'd wait until Abby is a little older and calmer to reassess her potential as a therapy animal. :Smile:

Back