Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Pigmentation? Dark Skin on my sphynx.

20180513_164243.jpg 20180513_164215.jpg 20180513_164243.jpg 20180513_164446.jpg 20180513_164535.jpg 20180513_164156.jpg 20180510_164519 (1).jpg 20180510_164558.jpg

You can see from the images, that it's not raised or red or swollen, it's just... colored different. It started a 2 years ago, and it comes and goes; it's going through a big flair right now. She's allergic to any kind of poultry; she had so many issues when I rescued her. (But that's another story: the ending of that is she thinks she's a smol human and hates other cats.)

Otherwise she's rather healthy, going from giardia, to just liquid poops, pudding poops, and now with her raw lamb/rice/pumpkin mix she's actually having solid stool for the first time we've had her. (Last couple of months.)

** note these photos were taken right after a long nap with me on the couch, so she's a little flush with sleep. She had a bath 2 days ago. The last 2 photos were taken last night. She acts normally with the color difference, eats and drinks well, no yeast smell, I took her to the cat-dermatologist a year ago and he pretty much told me he had no idea but if it didn't itch it was fine. (And to the best of my ability to watch her like a hawk, it doesn't look like she itches uncontrollably or often???) (Also the dermatologist ran tests and nothing came back with an answer... and further pursuit included a biopsy and like $600.00 and snip of skin/intestines cut from her body... uh no.)

I just would love some feedback from other humans with sphynx experience. Anyone experience anything like this? I've been stalking through the threads and have read all I've been able to find. So I know there are some of you people out there!!!! Assistance please? Thank you so much!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Welcome to the lair family
Healing vibes sent
I am sure members will chime in with their experiences

Please keep us updated often
Big hugs and head smooches sent

Sphynx Skin Conditions

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 84926 View attachment 84925 View attachment 84926 View attachment 84927 View attachment 84928 View attachment 84929 View attachment 84930 View attachment 84931

You can see from the images, that it's not raised or red or swollen, it's just... colored different. It started a 2 years ago, and it comes and goes; it's going through a big flair right now. She's allergic to any kind of poultry; she had so many issues when I rescued her. (But that's another story: the ending of that is she thinks she's a smol human and hates other cats.)

Otherwise she's rather healthy, going from giardia, to just liquid poops, pudding poops, and now with her raw lamb/rice/pumpkin mix she's actually having solid stool for the first time we've had her. (Last couple of months.)

** note these photos were taken right after a long nap with me on the couch, so she's a little flush with sleep. She had a bath 2 days ago. The last 2 photos were taken last night. She acts normally with the color difference, eats and drinks well, no yeast smell, I took her to the cat-dermatologist a year ago and he pretty much told me he had no idea but if it didn't itch it was fine. (And to the best of my ability to watch her like a hawk, it doesn't look like she itches uncontrollably or often???) (Also the dermatologist ran tests and nothing came back with an answer... and further pursuit included a biopsy and like $600.00 and snip of skin/intestines cut from her body... uh no.)

I just would love some feedback from other humans with sphynx experience. Anyone experience anything like this? I've been stalking through the threads and have read all I've been able to find. So I know there are some of you people out there!!!! Assistance please? Thank you so much!
It appears to be pigmentation to me. There are many threads on this issue. :)

Search Results for Query: pigmentation | Sphynxlair

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair! It looks like pigmentation. The only thing that makes me doubt is that you write it comes and goes so maybe it is allergy related? Great info in the link by @Yoda mom. Hope this infor helps yoy