Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pile o cats

Inferno12

Banned
Here is what goes on in my house when the heatdish is on. Everyone is snuggled in front of it including Jess meanwhile I am on the other side of the couch sweating to death! Usually the Dane is curled up in front of it too!

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 44

susi794

Staff member
LOL...looks familiar--my cats hear the furnace go on and they run for the floor vents.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cant blame them for wanting to be warm!!!!!
My cats d not have that option.
The vents are on our ceiling.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's a great pic:BigSmile: You gotta do what you gotta do to stay warm. Our poor kitties have to go to the heated bed because our vents are on the ceiling- maybe with the new cat tree they might just be able to reach those:LOL:

JacksMom

Banned
Great idea! My vents are on the ceiling, too :-(

I started a big fire in the fireplace, and jack was literally mesmerized by the flames! It was so cute! He had never seen one before.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
awww I miss my old kitty pile. There are 4 kitties in this photo believe it or not. I woke up from a vicoden induced coma to all my kitties laying on top of me! lol Had alot of dental work that day! *shudders*

Great pic dawn!:ThumbsUp:

My kitties run to the heating vents when our furnace kicks on too. Its funny. They have even fought over who gets which vent. Silliness.

Attachments

• 1114091040 (2).jpg
    1114091040 (2).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 19

Inferno12

Banned
LOL...looks familiar--my cats hear the furnace go on and they run for the floor vents.

Johnny like the heater vents too but he HATES when they turn on. Its too hot for him so he will get up and cry at it and dig at the vent until it shuts off then the lays his fat ass down on the vent and absorbs the residual heat coming out. most of my heater vents are dented in from him laying on them! :Surprise::Surprise:

Gizzymom

Banned
Johnny like the heater vents too but he HATES when they turn on. Its too hot for him so he will get up and cry at it and dig at the vent until it shuts off then the lays his fat ass down on the vent and absorbs the residual heat coming out. most of my heater vents are dented in from him laying on them! :Surprise::Surprise:

:Hysterical::Hysterical::Hysterical:

That is hilarious!!! Gizzy lays RIGHT ON that bad boy when it is on. When the heat goes off he comes by me and feels like he is on fire!! Crazy critter!!

Jacksmom - I had a fireplace years ago in the apartment I used to have (one with the screens that pull shut). I came home one day and Giz was stuck IN the fireplace!! It was in the summer, so since it wasn't hot in there, he decided to push past the screens to check it out. He was standing behind the screen, yowing, with smudges of soot all over him!! :LOL: I was torn between helping him and running to get my camera!! But his sad face won and I only have the memory...:Laugh:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
HA-HA, I thought I was the only one suffering from being overheated cuz of my skinzies. I have a heating blanket on our bed and often wake up overheated.....we have our house heat on, and addition to that, I have 2 plug in heaters that usually have an animal on either side AND heating pads on the kitty citadel and one on the floor bed. It is usually really, really warm at our place.

tessblack

Banned
Here is what goes on in my house when the heatdish is on. Everyone is snuggled in front of it including Jess meanwhile I am on the other side of the couch sweating to death! Usually the Dane is curled up in front of it too!

I thought you just had three cats! Maybe you are having hot flashes.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

TotenEngel

Banned
I'm a bit like Smeagol in that it is almost impossible for me to overheat!! :LOL::LOL:
I have my electric blanket on for at least an hour before I get into bed along with the duvet and my furry 'thro', a nekkid in bed and a couple on top... in contrast my husband throws the covers off and has the fan on! When Smeagol sits on him after an hour or so he is complaining he is too hot!!

Bella07

Banned
Aaww. You have a lapful of precious love there! Also, I can't help but see the resemblence between your furries and hairless. (or maybe it's just me!) But, if Johnny had fur, he matches up with your blue and white dsh. And Milton would go with Diego, the red heads. Oh, and I have the same heater in your photo too. Sorry for the babbling. Love the photo!

Inferno12

Banned
Aaww. You have a lapful of precious love there! Also, I can't help but see the resemblence between your furries and hairless. (or maybe it's just me!) But, if Johnny had fur, he matches up with your blue and white dsh. And Milton would go with Diego, the red heads. Oh, and I have the same heater in your photo too. Sorry for the babbling. Love the photo!

You right except the grey and white Manx has no tail and extra toes :Surprise::Surprise:

Its funny the they all ended up the same colors

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love this Pile O Cats post. I wanted to comment earlier but my boss demanded that I WORK (the audacity of her). Anywho - Pile O Cats is a "heated" dicussion in our house. Mom loves the warmth and I get hot flashes. But at bedtime we turn the heat down and it gets chilly in the house - purrrfect for snuggling. I get "Hot Dogged" inbetween the furry meezer and the hot bodied Sphynx. I stay in the middle a roll like a weiner on a broiler. I love it up until the alarm goes off.:Cry:

Back