Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pill crusher / pill splitter recommendations ?

Yoda mom

Staff member
please share your recommendations for a quality pill crusher as well as a pill splitter...
Will be using it for large oblong vitamin type pills for the dogs

@Catzzzmeow do you think the equadose pill splitter would work for large oblong pills?

Anyone use the equadose pill grinder ?

Looking for a good pill crusher since I will be doing about 8 lager oval pills a day for the big boys :) was thinking I may have to split them before crushing .

Thank you everyone in advance :)

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It works well will all size pills. My Mother in law got one recently and she raves about it. She has arthritis and said it is so much easier. As far as oblong pills it should work fine you. People can google the cutter and watch the video.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Catzzzmeow , know this is an older post, do you still like the equadose?
a bit pricey for my budget at the moments but at wit's end..
sam's pheno pills are small and I need to half and needs to be darn right to help with his seizures. my ezdose is crushing some of the pills in not equal sizes of dust bits. TIA

anyone every use a cat nail trimmer to cut small pills (thought of trying the spare one :)
looks just like one I saw a video of but marketed for human pills

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am still very happy with it. I will share some pills cut better when flat in the cutter and others do better with the pill sideways in it. I like that it gives me options. You get used to knowing which pills cut best in which position @Yoda mom

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Catzzzmeow , thank you for the prompt reply! equadose a bit pricey for me at this time, saw about $30 on amaz. will add to my list. his pills are tiny and crush easy. I watched the equadose videos for small pills .
I did try a spare cat nail clipper last night. worked okay, the larger miller's forge dog nail clipper may work better because of larger opening cutting surface. have a spare, will give that a try too.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Catzzzmeow , and all, anyone tried the equadose V2 pill splitter for small uncoated scored pills?

41BClq-oLML._AC_.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
thought I would share, the millers forge large nail clippers are a game changer to cut sam's small pills. I use these for nail trims on the pups. I tried the equadose but got too much powder not split right.
these are a game changer. the vet tech told me that what she uses too to cut pills. 7 bucks on chewy.

shopping

Back