Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pimple?

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hey guys, any clue on this and the best way to treat it? I think it's a Boyle but has a slight yellow head also, I've pressed a warm flannel into it and he wasn't to happy, moved his head when I tried and I wasn't pressing hard so I think it's abit sore!! Tia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 77

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a big pimple to me. Babas has had huge ones and when I popped them there were huge gaping holes and blood but they healed fine. @Amy31

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Looks like a big pimple to me. Babas has had huge ones and when I popped them there were huge gaping holes and blood but they healed fine. @Amy31
Oo yikes, not going to lie I tested the water and had a little squeeze as there was a yellow head on it..but he just pulled away so I think it's still sore, only had it a couple days!! Ill keep warm flannels on and abit of his r tree cream and see how it goes!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Udo gets one now and then. I am a popper and they heal up just fine. They are gross but I don't like to leave them. I usually take a warm wash cloth to it afterward just to clean up. Then just watch it to make sure it doesn't get infection or reforms.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Udo gets one now and then. I am a popper and they heal up just fine. They are gross but I don't like to leave them. I usually take a warm wash cloth to it afterward just to clean up. Then just watch it to make sure it doesn't get infection or reforms.
Ohh no :( I'll have to get someone to do it then! I hate hurting him

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I found with Max that he developed more blackheads if I forgot to clean his chin and face after he ate. I therefore make sure I use a warm moist baby wash cloth to clean his mouth and chin after each meal. I use witchhazel once a week as well, and now he has very few blackheads.

I also read somewhere that some ceramics and definitely plastic feeding and water dishes can cause pimples etc. I made sure to buy stainless steel bowls for water and food.

But the witchhazel will definitely dry out the area and the pimples/blackheads.

Good luck!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ohh no :( I'll have to get someone to do it then! I hate hurting him

If it hurts him you can wait till it poppes out/dry out by itself. I will take a few days and then it will be gone. Only question is...can you resist trying to squeeze. I don't like to hurt my boys either but still I find myself trying to squeeze blackhead and pimp everytime my boys give me the chance! :wideyed:

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The reason I became a poper is because I didn't do one on Lois chin once and it became infected so I guess I kinda like to get em gone

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The reason I became a poper is because I didn't do one on Lois chin once and it became infected so I guess I kinda like to get em gone
Oh yeah, they really do need poppin I'm just a wuss haha, I feel guilty if he even meows after I've given his bum a quick clean! I'll have to man up :p

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If it hurts him you can wait till it poppes out/dry out by itself. I will take a few days and then it will be gone. Only question is...can you resist trying to squeeze. I don't like to hurt my boys either but still I find myself trying to squeeze blackhead and pimp everytime my boys give me the chance! :wideyed:
Haha I'm good at resisting! Though his tail does tempt me from time to time, I've just been dabbing with a warm cloth and its oozed out a little, just looks like a small hole now, so I'll keep it clean and it should soon be gone :)

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I found with Max that he developed more blackheads if I forgot to clean his chin and face after he ate. I therefore make sure I use a warm moist baby wash cloth to clean his mouth and chin after each meal. I use witchhazel once a week as well, and now he has very few blackheads.

I also read somewhere that some ceramics and definitely plastic feeding and water dishes can cause pimples etc. I made sure to buy stainless steel bowls for water and food.

But the witchhazel will definitely dry out the area and the pimples/blackheads.

Good luck!
He does have stainless steel bowls, but I never even thought to clean after meals! Also I've noticed when he's digging for the business he likes to rub his face in the litter...so I think a face clean then also!! Time to rid these pimples haha

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
He does have stainless steel bowls, but I never even thought to clean after meals! Also I've noticed when he's digging for the business he likes to rub his face in the litter...so I think a face clean then also!! Time to rid these pimples haha

I wipe his face after he goes potty when he has "litter nose" -- and I tease him the whole time too.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Amy31
How goes the zit popping?
Thought of you while checking over the nakeds. It was bath night and I got rid of a few tail blackheads on Udo.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Amy31
How goes the zit popping?
Thought of you while checking over the nakeds. It was bath night and I got rid of a few tail blackheads on Udo.
Haha,Mae had a nice facial with a warm flannel, then a little press when he was chilled in his towel, got rid of a few, and pimple is near enough gone! Finished with a mani pedi and a full body massage with coconut oil haha, sphynx spa!

Back