Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pinkz is becoming high maintenance

RuthArt

Lairian
Pinkz has a really nice bed and has been sleeping in it regularly, but the last 3 nights, I've noticed that he has somehow pushed the people jacket I had draping over the bed onto the floor and he's sleeping under the jacket!!!

During the day, when I'm home and sitting at the computer, he wears his new little jacket, but I'm afraid to let him wear it at night in case he gets his claws or teeth hooked on it. (and wants to sit in our laps all day and night) I keep my bedroom cold for my long hair German Shepherd, so I don't think Pinkz would do well in there unless he slept under the covers with me. Even my furry cat doesn't sleep in there anymore. (he wants under the covers, but he drools and gets me soaked!!)

He seems ok in the mornings when I get up to check on him, in fact last night I suspect he played a while before going to sleep.....I found his feather toy on the floor and that's not where I left it!! After sleeping all day, I guess he would want to play a bit at night. lol

do all you have your cats sleep with you???

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All of my cats sleep with me. They all have their special spots on the bed that they like. Some evenings my sphynx Piglet will sit on the bed and start meowing for me to go to bed so she can snuggle up next to me!

I don't think Pinkz is high maintenance...he's probably just looking for a warmer sleeping spot! :Smile:

Brooke

Banned
Yes! I can't sleep without them. Helen and Nelson sleep on my chest, Walter sleeps between my legs and Mandy sleeps against my side...all of them under the blankets! :Laugh:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I want Maggie to sleep with her sweater on at night but I'm scared that she will get stuck in it or be not comfy. Maggie only cuddles with me for a short time than she goes in her bed. She likes sleeping in her own bed, I wish she would sleep in bed with me :(

RuthArt

Lairian
could not find the reply button.....had to use quick reply without anything in it then a new box came up!!!

I don't mean to be disparaging about the breed.....it is my first experience with this kind of cat and it's sooooooo different. He's really affectionate, but sometimes I do get tired of holding him. When I'm at the computer, I've gotten to putting him under my shirt so he doesn't get in my way or fall off my lap.

Not sure I could sleep with him, he's just so HOT!!! I love my electric blanket, but sometimes I have to turn it off....must be those hot flashes I still have.

I almost bought a carrier that we could put on like a backpack, only in front, but the bottom seemed too rigid. I'm thinking more of a sling.....anything like that out there in cat world???

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo doesn't sleep with me at night, he sleeps in his bed downstairs with my other cat next to the heater! He is happy as long as he has the heater on and all his snuggle blankets. I sometimes bring him upstairs in the morning for a lay in though. He does like to be where I am and have cuddles in the day, but he spends a lot of time in his own bed too. If the heater is off he will usually tell me about it!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie does sleep in bed with me! She comes and joins sometime in the night after I'm asleep. I think she does rounds about the house and lays down then eventually makes it into bed with me under the covers.

I definitely ask her for attention more then she asks me though. I can't get enough!

silly4lilly

Lairian
only my male river sleeps with me. as soon as we get in bed and turn on the TV he knows its bed time. he comes right up and while we are watching TV he naps upder the covers on my legs. when we turn the TV off, he comes up out of the blankets and plops himself right on my side under my arm pit. this is our routine every night. hes so smart!!! i sleep on my side with my other arm around him and we cuddle.. i always joke he is like a live stuffed animal! hes so spoiled.

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ra sleeps under the quilt pressed against my chest (no wondering why really now huh?) and if he's asleep anywhere else when I go to bed and misses me he'll paw me and meow until I let him in.

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Harry likes to sleep on my chest with his face pressed against my neck. I'm finally getting used to that position. He's very needy and likes to be with people all the time. I recently moved and I'm staying with my family until I close on my house and Harry has tried out everyone's bed. He's got to have his people.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was a little worried when my boyfriend and I moved in together that Stella would choose to sleep someone else other than by me. I was wrong! We have our evening routine. There's a fleece blanket we have that she constantly "makes bread on". We keep that in between us (I pull it more towards me, though :Smile:) and that's where she sets up camp. She sleeps right beside me on my left side and normally cuddles. I love it when she stretches a paw out across me as though she's hugging me like I do with her. Always makes me nervous when I feel her underneath the covers laying down by my legs. I don't want her to get smothered. She rarely chooses this position and prefers to bundle up with mommy.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Piglet starts in our bed, then gord to his bed, the sometime durring the night, he is back to our bed.
Keith covers him up in his bed,and we all go to sleep. then piggy is back and forth between his bed and ours.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Haji lets me go to bed first, as he likes to play when the lights go out. Luckily he's good at entertaining himself.
He comes to bed sometime in the night, and sleeps either under the covers by my side or between the quilt and top blanket (it's Wisconsin, its COLD here!).

I love when he sleeps right next to me because he keeps me warm.
He's such a glutton - he stays under the blankets until I turn the heat up in the morning and he hears his scoop of canned food.

lexin77

Lairian
When Ripley first came home I put her cat bed on top of the bed next to me.
I removed the bed but she stills sleeps up there. Before she goes to sleep she crawls under the covers to get warm. I usually have to stick a foot out because she gets so hot!

ja&roo

Lairian
YES YES YES!!!! I can't fall asleep without him tucked under my armpit or sprawled out on my chest. He also likes cuddling into my side as close as he can.
When I'm home he generally wants to be doing whatever I'm doing....I love it! I just work around him:) It may take me longer to do things, but I don't mind. I enjoy spoiling him!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yes ours both sleep with us but usually down by my legs and feet so I am not bothered by it much, and if I get to hot from them I just open the blanket up at the bottom. But the past few weeks have made me nuts, first Athena with her in the bed then out then pat my face until I let her in again, then she does this over and over all night!:Angry:
Then there is Leo since we got our new bedding he sleeps under the blanket but on top of the sheet and I feel like I and buried under dirt or something and can not move at all:Hysterical:so I flip up the blanket and he runs out the he does this over and over!So I guess you can say I have not been getting much sleep and I just can not understand how the heck my husband sleeps thru all this?

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes all 5 of mine sleep in the bed with me and my husband. On the covers and under them..Of course they are good at attacking my husband if he even trys to get close to moma:LOL::LOL::LOL:

RuthArt

Lairian
thanks for all the responses, it's fun to hear what you all do to take care of these little creatures!!

I was able to let Pinkz sleep with me last night and we got through it ok.....he was in 7th heaven!!!

Last edited:
Back