Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pipe cleaner

Christine

Lairian
Anyone else's cats obsessed with pipe cleaner? It's the only thing that holds Gibson's attention for long! I did worry about him playing with it at first...but he only bats it around and occasionally he will pick it up and carry it in his mouth.

TotenEngel

Banned
how cute! thats actually a good idea (minus the sharp edges!) You can get them from craft stores for kiddies so I wonder if they would be a little softer than the 'standard' ones?

Christine

Lairian
Yeah I worried about the edges at first....but he loses them before he has a chance to get hurt! I worry more about my husband's guitar picks....which I have seen Gibson try to carry in his mouth!!!!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm sure my kitties would love something like this. They constantly somehow get ahold of bread ties which I take away from them...pipe cleaners aren't too bad of an idea,,,as long as they are watched while playing and they are put up while your sleeping. I'm a paranoid mama! lol

pooner

Banned
Pooner hasn't discovered pipe cleaners but he is obsessed with drinking straws and I mean crazy obsessed!!! They are his absolute favorite toy and he has just about every toy imaginable, don't know why I bother buying him real toys. He will steal straws from your beverages too!! Oh, he also likes wooden chopsticks! We made him a chopstick straw combo toy and he goes crazy for it!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

kaoticharmony

Banned
When we bought Shiva he arrived with a bunch of little toys in his carrier. He had pipe cleaners shaped like springs and little plastic bugs. He liked Hot Wheels when he was a kitten. He had quite a car collection and played with them in the bathroom all the time. He also stole plastic toothbrush packaging out of the garbage. His favorite all time toy has always been feathers. He likes the craft store variety....LOVES Craine feathers...hates parrot feathers.

Neon is really into drinking straws.... except when they are used on green kool-aid. If green (ONLY GREEN) kool-aid is involved he not only takes the straw, but the drink as well.

My mom used to buy alot of art supplies at garage sales. I have a bunch of these things...no idea what they are. I think they might have to do with making fake flowers. They are black plastic pieces with a bunch of "legs". I thought they may be flower centers? Well one of those on a craft store pipe cleaner wins awards in my house as one of their favs!

Venus loves playing with the treat container on my headboard.... yes I have a jar of treats in my bed...lol! She knocks it into the bed and bats it around. She hasn't figured out how to open it, but watches me very closely.

Last edited:

tessblack

Banned
Pooner hasn't discovered pipe cleaners but he is obsessed with drinking straws and I mean crazy obsessed!!! They are his absolute favorite toy and he has just about every toy imaginable, don't know why I bother buying him real toys. He will steal straws from your beverages too!! Oh, he also likes wooden chopsticks! We made him a chopstick straw combo toy and he goes crazy for it!! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I know what you mean about the straws. Tux has become a straw freak as well. He will pull it out of the lid and run away with it. Crazy I spend money on the high tech toys that they get sick of in no time. Then he sees a straw and stalks it.

tessblack

Banned
When we bought Shiva he arrived with a bunch of little toys in his carrier. He had pipe cleaners shaped like springs and little plastic bugs. He liked Hot Wheels when he was a kitten. He had quite a car collection and played with them in the bathroom all the time. He also stole plastic toothbrush packaging out of the garbage. His favorite all time toy has always been feathers. He likes the craft store variety....LOVES Craine feathers...hates parrot feathers.

Neon is really into drinking straws.... except when they are used on green kool-aid. If green (ONLY GREEN) kool-aid is involved he not only takes the straw, but the drink as well.

My mom used to buy alot of art supplies at garage sales. I have a bunch of these things...no idea what they are. I think they might have to do with making fake flowers. They are black plastic pieces with a bunch of "legs". I thought they may be flower centers? Well one of those on a craft store pipe cleaner wins awards in my house as one of their favs!

Venus loves playing with the treat container on my headboard.... yes I have a jar of treats in my bed...lol! She knocks it into the bed and bats it around. She hasn't figured out how to open it, but watches me very closely.

The car thing would be so cute!!

Neptune loves drinking straws too! It's nuts!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
All great ideas for alternative cat toys!:ThumbsUp: The big pom poms sound like something that all of my cats would enjoy. My son got a mini remote control car (2") as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. He hasn't really played with it yet. I should try it out with our cats. They'd probably love chasing it around. My Sphynx, Boone loves straws too.:ThumbsUp:

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mine go crazy for q tips! They will go as far as to open a box to get to them!!!

No pipe cleaners here but a great idea :ThumbsUp:

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Giz came with a bag of toys from the breeder and one of them is an oversized pipe cleaner. It's thick but still bends and twists. He loves stalking it. :BigSmile:

Back