Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pippin found a meat she loves

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So we made Pippin her first batch of Bitr and she loves it, I used ground turkey and right off the bat she tried to do a nose dive into the mix. Pippin was even excited when she got to lick the spoon after she helped supervise me putting her's and her sister's food in their containers. Now tomorrow Pippin get's her first official raw food meal. Yay for my little piglets.:love:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So we made Pippin her first batch of Bitr and she loves it, I used ground turkey and right off the bat she tried to do a nose dive into the mix. Pippin was even excited when she got to lick the spoon after she helped supervise me putting her's and her sister's food in their containers. Now tomorrow Pippin get's her first official raw food meal. Yay for my little piglets.:love:
That's great news! (y) Just curious, do you need to add any supplements to that? What is your complete process exactly?

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's great news! (y) Just curious, do you need to add any supplements to that? What is your complete process exactly?
The better in the raw is complete with everything needed for a balanced diet all that is needed is water and meat. You can add l-lysine if wanted, but everything necessary for the diet is in the package. You add 2 pounds of raw meat of choice with one and a half cups of water with half a cup of mix, mix completely and done. You can separate into storage containers or baggies and store in the freezer until needed. I put mine into the snack sized ziplock baggies and store servings that way since they fit easier in the freezer. The process really is quite simple, I would definitely recommend it!

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay for BITR. I ordered the 100 lb batch bag in the U Stew kind by accident, and the lady from the company said the only difference is there is digestive enzymes in the u stew. I was nervous, but mine switched over to it no issues!

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@MollysMom I was wondering what the real difference was. I know I was glad not only Pip, but my chunky fur baby loved it too. We're hoping it helps her lose some weight since she refused all the diet foods when we went that route, but Pip just loves the raw diet lol.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MollysMom I was wondering what the real difference was. I know I was glad not only Pip, but my chunky fur baby loved it too. We're hoping it helps her lose some weight since she refused all the diet foods when we went that route, but Pip just loves the raw diet lol.
Mine eat a ton of raw, and have never had a weight issue with it. Hopefully she loses a bit on it!

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mine eat a ton of raw, and have never had a weight issue with it. Hopefully she loses a bit on it!
We're hoping she does, she's 19 pounds and refuses everything we put her on. The hill's slim and healthy just made her constipated so we've had to put her on a bunch of pumpkin, now only time will tell.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was looking at the website and the "U-stew" looks to be for cooked food. I'm very excited as I have had a hard time finding the food for my babies lately, we usually use Fresh Pet and not only have I had bad batches but my three stores have all been out of chicken lately. Thank you @MollysMom and @captain_tinky for discussing it. I am going to place and order and make some for my Fluffy!

Jen

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was looking at the website and the "U-stew" looks to be for cooked food. I'm very excited as I have had a hard time finding the food for my babies lately, we usually use Fresh Pet and not only have I had bad batches but my three stores have all been out of chicken lately. Thank you @MollysMom and @captain_tinky for discussing it. I am going to place and order and make some for my Fluffy!

Jen
Just watch out, Pippin has become a pig with the Bitr. Good luck!

MunnkieSphynx

Lairian
I think I am going to try this with Munnkie!

The better in the raw is complete with everything needed for a balanced diet all that is needed is water and meat. You can add l-lysine if wanted, but everything necessary for the diet is in the package. You add 2 pounds of raw meat of choice with one and a half cups of water with half a cup of mix, mix completely and done. You can separate into storage containers or baggies and store in the freezer until needed. I put mine into the snack sized ziplock baggies and store servings that way since they fit easier in the freezer. The process really is quite simple, I would definitely recommend it!