Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Play Wrestling

Cyovez

Lairian
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. Please move it to its proper section if it is miscategorized.

This is not directed at just Sphynx, it is cats and dogs in general.

We have been wanting to adopt a cat for both a snugly lap cat for us, and as a playmate for our puppy Josci. We have had pets before that loved to play together, wrestling and chasing and pouncing on each other, having lots of fun. They were great buddies who loved to snuggle and sleep together. We would love to find a kitty that is also this way.

However I keep getting weirdos saying I am an 'animal abuser' and idiotic other things for wanting my pets to play together and that I should be in jail for violence and not be allowed to have animals? Wtf? They are saying my animals should be put down if they playfully nip at or play with each other. Again, wtf? They keep telling me that my animals will be viscous and get a taste for blood if they play together and want to attack humans and will have to be 'put down'. Um, no? I am confused at these lunatics. I no where said that I wanted them to fight or be aggressive or attack each other. I cannot possibly be the only person in the world that knows many cats and dogs do actually enjoy playing with one another. *eye roll*

Anyone else have kitties and puppies that enjoy playing with each other and what I can tell these idiots and morons who are putting words in my mouth, calling me names, and saying I shouldn't have pets? It is completely uncalled for, and I don't know where these peoples' heads are at or where they are getting these ludicrous thoughts out of what I am saying. Wanting a playful and friendly cat is not a crime and is not cruel.

Furthermore, even if my pet did bite someone, it would be for a good reason, either something is being done to them that they are not okay with, or they are frightened or upset. Animals have a right to defend themselves, and if someone is hurting them, they have a right to try and save themselves and get away. I see no reason at all to put my pet to sleep because someone else is trying to hurt them. We are a quiet couple and do not have people come to our house, so our pets are not required to be social with other people anyways. If my pet bites me, I know it was for a reason and do my best to remedy my actions towards the pet. Also, some pets have emotional problems from traumatic life experiences and are biters, and I personally do not blame them for it. I just make sure I treat them in an appropriate manner and do my best to not do things that trigger their upset. Some people are just psychos and do not deserve to have opinions. We love our pets very much and try our best to make sure they are as happy and healthy as can be. We spoil them rotten and pamper them to their hearts' content.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmm, that's odd. I play wrestle with Butterball. Well, it's mostly him standing on his hind legs with his front paws in the "i'm gonna get you" pose. It's really quite cute actually. He jumps around and bites very softly. Sometimes he jumps up on my back and bites my ears. Is that vicious?

When company arrives he doesn't really like to be petted but he'll sit next to a guest. He never shows aggression. Not even to my 5 year old niece who tortures poor Butternut.

Emmit Smith once said opinions are like arses, everyone's got one and they all stink.

I say prove those people wrong. And tell em to check out the sphynxlair pictures of cats and dogs. Specifically the one's where the kitties are cozied up next to pitbulls.

Cyovez

Lairian
A-ha! See, I just knew there were others that knew that a dog and a cat can have a friendly relationship.

I am thoroughly annoyed, as now these people are posting ads on CraigsList to "Watch out for this person, she wants a cat for a chew toy for her dog".

Seriously, I never said I wanted a chew toy for my dog, I said I wanted a playful and friendly cat that likes to play with other animals! Man, some people make things so hard for others with their psychotic assumptions.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is the most absurd thing that I have ever heard of!! That is all my cat and dogs do.....fight and play with each other!! They live for it. You can't have them in the same room if you don't want one or the other to start something. Usually, it is Lemmy who starts it all!! He loves to sneak up on all my dogs and attack them. LOL I don't think that it is too much for you to want your dog to have a playmate. Those people are just misinformed!!

Cyovez

Lairian
They are clearly misinformed, if not off their rockers. It is just very annoying having someone accuse you of something that is just appalling and in no way true, especially when other people are now seeing this and could possibly not respond to our ads. -_-X;

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member

My cats adore my dog--they often bite him, chase his tail, cuddle him, head butt him...and he occasionally chases one of them playfully too. Nothing wrong with a dog and cat playing together.

Cyovez

Lairian
Awe, thanks a bunch for sharing those darling pictures!

Hopefully these said people will get smart. It's just pretty irritating when people behave this way. Especially after I emailed them back twice explaining how I did not want a cat for a chew toy or for attacking purposes, but to be a play mate and buddy for my pup, which they did not respond to, just proceeded to post an ad on CL warning against the 'Sphynx girl". Grr. Some people.

gizmo6370

Banned
Weird people...sure cats and dogs can play and sleep together :Smile:

XantosErosBaloe1.jpg

XantosErosWeek11-1.jpg

Pbinky

Banned
My cats are constantly "killing" each other. I often hear them screaming back and forth at each other and then off for a good chase of one another. And then i'll find them wrapped up in each others arms having a nap.

GioThermal

Lairian
The only one "bleeding" in my house is me. I got tired of being Gio's CHEW TOY/SCRATCH POST and we just got another Sphynx (female) this weekend. He just bit her butt tonight! Talk about entertainment. It's not mean... they live to terrorize. Who cares what other people think. You know what your animals are capable of.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Here are my "kids" playing and sleeping together!! They LOVE to torment each other and then cuddle up for a little siesta!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ignorant idiots! They should be the ones not allowed to keep pets if they don't know that pets love to play fight together!!

I can't have another cat with Mug-Y, he won't tolerate anything else, but my old dog and cat ALWAYS played together, slept together and sometimes swapped food!

I think it's a perfectly normal part of family life.

X

Cyovez

Lairian
I agree, Mumma. I'm not sure what's wrong with these people, and I'm pretty sure they are the ones constantly flagging my Wanted ad every time I post it. >w< They need to get a life and stop being such morons. Ugh. Dx

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a friend with 8 rescue cats (one has 3 legs) and 3 dogs. A pit, a pit mix, and a dingo hehe shes just a small mutt whos about 12 years old.

the pit mix cleans alllll the cats. Tripod loves it cause he cant scratch his left ear. and one of the cats is scabby and always itchy. the dog does lick the floor and walls and eats crayons tho... at least he peels them first LOL

but the other pit has one cat friend who loves to snuggle up with him and if hes on my lap the cat wants to nuzzle the dog even more.

the dingo is kinda old and grumpy but as long as only one cat at a time touches her she doesnt get too grumpy.

Back