Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

please help! is my baby kitten too fat? is something wrong with her?

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
No records :/ i had a scammer situation too u fortunately. she’s 7-8 weeks according to vets but the breeder also lied about her age. and i did read about those 2 so i will not give her those vaccines. thanks so much for the reminder though i might’ve forgot. things have been hectic!

@ghostthesphynx, just an FYI on vaccines, reputable breeders often have in their contracts. do not give Feline Leukemia (feLv) or FIP vaccine.

how old is she? did the breeder give her any vaccines records to you ? my first girl was from a scammer, and of course had no records.
hugs n head smooches , you got this! glad her poop is getting better. bless you for all you are doing for her.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ghostthesphynx , all we can do is move forward and give them the best of love and care . you are her angel. hugs n head smooches, is she eating and drinking fine? any sneezing , watery eyes?
I would take a daily photo of her belly to keep a journal showing improvement. she is blessed with your love.
such a cutie pie.

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
she’s eating and drinking. no watery eyes or sneezing. she’s still running around like normal! playing and sleeping. the only other thing besides the belly swell is very very dry skin and she’s getting dirty fast, but i believe that could be from the worms

@ghostthesphynx , all we can do is move forward and give them the best of love and care . you are her angel. hugs n head smooches, is she eating and drinking fine? any sneezing , watery eyes?
I would take a daily photo of her belly to keep a journal showing improvement. she is blessed with your love.
such a cutie pie.

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
very happy to tell you all ghost is looking much better today and the swelling has gone down a bit. thank you so much for the continued support and I will let you know what it is when i hear back from the vet but i’m sure it’s worms

Attachments

• 764024A4-F03A-412D-8CCE-177C407EF98E.jpeg
    764024A4-F03A-412D-8CCE-177C407EF98E.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 58

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m sorry but I just really think she needs an X-ray. I’m worried it’s an impaction or megacolon.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
i got a text saying she’s negative for the parasites and worms on the stool test. waiting on the doctors call to discuss. i’m going to bring up an x ray for impaction and maybe food allergy concerns

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Agree never saw swollen belly from allergies. Impaction might be possible. Have avoided bringing up this topic...ask vet about testing for FIP as well.

Breeze

Lairian
i got a text saying she’s negative for the parasites and worms on the stool test. waiting on the doctors call to discuss. i’m going to bring up an x ray for impaction and maybe food allergy concerns
Yes, definitely ask for X-rays. Prayers and get well soon wishes for your precious little Ghost.

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
he literally just said if it’s impaction she wouldn’t be pooping and it’s probably the food. he also said there’s no real way to determine FIP but he doesn’t think it’s that because she’s extremely playful and not lethargic at all and is healthy other than the belly swell. i don’t know if he’s just a negligent doctor or this is just a bad allergy. he said he doesn’t recommend x rays for impaction because her bowels are fine

Junipers Momma

Lairian
Just keep it together! You're doing the best you can!

Sadly I don't have enough experience to offer advice, but I can plainly see you are doing everything within your power.
*still sending positive vibes

ghostthesphynx

Lairian
thanks so much! i’m giving her a different food now so fingers crossed something i try will hit the nail on the head.
lots of love!

Just keep it together! You're doing the best you can!

Sadly I don't have enough experience to offer advice, but I can plainly see you are doing everything within your power.
*still sending positive vibes

Back